Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

there are one or two people i always see when i am out running i always smile but they ignore me :mad: i have given up on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Must be just you 3 weirdos, all very friendly runners where I was :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

shazkea wrote: »

Sure they were Shaz, sure they were.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

shazkea wrote: »

It's the kerb crawlers I have to keep an eye out for.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    It's the kerb crawlers I have to keep an eye out for.

I know what you mean - its easy to keep an eye out for them though as they all seem to drive silver cars...weird or wha :D

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    Sure they were Shaz, sure they were.... ;)

Whatever :cool: :D

Um, back to running related matters...

3.5 miles in 30 mins. Ah, that felt good. I'm knackered but in a good way:)

8 miles this morning in 1.11 over to marlay park a lap there and then home
    Gorgeous morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Ah, that felt good. I'm knackered but in a good way:)

:eek:

Mallow 10 mile
    Going to try and keep this simple. Goal was sub 80, PB is 84.xx. confidence has been really good since bohermeen, so was full of optimism for this.
    Started off way too fast, the first 3-4 miles I was doing sub 7.30 min miles. And boy did I pay for it. I struggled big time after this, I began to get so many feelings of doubt, I was all over the place mentally and my stomach was hurting. I walked at the 2 water stations and again twice more. The sub 80 pacers passed me by, I was gutted. Despite the fatigue I kept plodding along, sub 80 was always there for the taking.

Garmin reads 1.20.00 exactly, gun time is 1'20.25.
    To be honest part of me isn't that bothered about the time, part of me is glad to have finished it. It was not pretty at times.

Plus had a lovely day out with the other boardsies. What happens on the train... :)

• Advertisement

Plus had a lovely day out with the other boardsies. What happens on the train... :)

....will be used for blackmail going forward :D

Well done on getting through it, twas definitely a hard slog at times. Congrats on the PB though, don't forget that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Chip time is wrong - thats a massive difference between watch and chip. Wouldn't pay much attention to that chip time if I were you. Good running today, well done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

http://www.greatirelandrun.org/Events/2012/JuniorEvents.aspx

and sure you might as well do the grown up race if you're there anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Congrats on an awesome PB in a difficult race! Well done. You're seriously well on track for the biggie now. How many weeks until D-day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Well done yesterday, knocking 4 min off your previous 10 mile time is fantastic. Roll on Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Congrats on yet another pb jcsmum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

well done K. sounded like a tough run. Great PB

;):D

Bohermeen was only a couple of weeks ago and it was very hot out there yesterday, you ran a solid race yesterday and pb'd, take it easy on yourself.

Now anyone for a helicopter? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Congrats on a fab PB, sounds like a tough day and thats great running!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Well done jcsmum, great pb, you know the sub80 is there for the taking now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Well done on the PB, massive running. God knows what happened on that train on the way back, but it left a few of you scarred for life. I'm sure it will be turned into a film eventually.

5.5 miles bright and early this morning, pace 8'58. It did start off as a recovery run honest :) but upping the pace a few miles just happened!
    This run felt really good....what its all about really, just the enjoyment of it.
    I haven't analysed Mallow too much really. I mean the Garmin told me I did 10.00 miles in 1'20'00 so I'll go with that knowing that the sub 80 is only a second away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Well done on what sounded like a tough day at the office. If we had a fiver for everytime we go off to fast. That Mallow train should carry an over 18's certificate at this stage:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Did anyone have trouble with the toilet door on the train? Heard there was a terrible incident last year after the race but can't remember the full facts. Can you assist Digs;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Good going there on Monday K, the official sub 80 is a matter of time and possible a little more than that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

chinguetti wrote: »
    Did anyone have trouble with the toilet door on the train? Heard there was a terrible incident last year after the race but can't remember the full facts. Can you assist Digs;)

Ha ha... I'd forgotten that but I bet yer man hasn't.... :D

8 miles this morning, 9 minute mile pace. Gorgeous morning and this felt really good.

digger2d2 wrote: »
    chinguetti wrote: »

Yes we heard that story. Charming :)

digger2d2 wrote: »

Mentally scarred, poor ba5tard!:eek:

• Advertisement

21 miles this morning, pace 9'27
    Had to get this out of the way today as its unlikely I'd get it done tomorrow ;)

Advertisement