Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

10 miles, 8'54 pace
    Wasn't looking forward to running today, Have a bad head cold and the weather being rubbish and all.... Very happy now though, it was tough in parts with the wind, hills and hailstone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

jcsmum wrote: »
    We couldn't let the Conn guys have all the fun ;)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

We couldn't let the Conn guys have all the fun ;)

I'm so close to registering for the full next year, so close.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Mr Slow wrote: »

It has to be the ultra. It's something you'll never forget.

menoscemo wrote: »
    It has to be the ultra. It's something you'll never forget.

Sorry dude, all those tales of cramps and you wetting yourself last year have put me right off.:pac:

• Advertisement

Sorry dude, all those tales of cramps and you wetting yourself last year have put me right off.:pac:

No shame in wetting oneself. No point in losing 30 seconds by stopping :pac:

No shame in wetting oneself. No point in losing 30 seconds by stopping :pac:

Next time point it downwards! ;)

Well I for one am not reading anymore race reports because I'm afraid of what I might sign up to. :eek:;)

You just need somebody to bully, coax and cajole you into signing up.... em, now who could that be. Oh yeah, YOU! :D

Well I for one am not reading anymore race reports because I'm afraid of what I might sign up to. :eek:;)

Do it :pac:

The great thing about this race is that no matter what distance you sign up for you can transfer to another distance before the race. ;)

• Advertisement

You just need somebody to bully, coax and cajole you into signing up.... em, now who could that be. Oh yeah, YOU! :D

Nope, I only work for the Limerick Tourist Board, oh and Mallow, and Dunshaughlin......think that's it:rolleyes:

The great thing about this race is that no matter what distance you sign up for you can transfer to another distance before the race. ;)

:rolleyes::D

Agreed...both of you need to sign up for this, has to be on the hitlist. Go on, go on, go on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Yeah do it K, do it, go on go on go on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

shazkea wrote: »
    Agreed...both of you need to sign up for this, has to be on the hitlist. Go on, go on, go on :D

haha i posted the same thing at the same time :D

shazkea wrote: »

I will, if you come to Limerick :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 irishman1

k 23:40 (Mizuno feet first 5k Killarney 13.11.10) sub 23
    5m 39:48 (Adidas race series ) sub 40 (a proper sub 40)
    10k 52:03 (Dunshaughlin 10k June '10) sub 50 (fingers crossed)
    10m 1:28:12 (adidas race series) no goal really
    half marathon 1:56:58 (adidas race series) sub 1:50 - optimistic perhaps...
    marathon 4:11:24 (DCM) sub 4hr

I will, if you come to Limerick :pac:

How about we settle on Dunshaughlin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Look will ye all go do the ultra, i'll assist in the training and read the reports afterwards.

Can't say fairer than that!

5 miles in marlay park this morning in 39.45
    Disappointed with this, had to stop twice mid way. Thing is I finished quite strong and definitely have more left in the legs. My problem seems to be in the middle, I just find it difficult to keep momentum going.
    I know conditions were tough and I'm not feeling 100% percent but I have such a mental block about injecting pace and keeping it going.
    Maybe short fast runs are not my thing :(

• Advertisement

Maybe short fast runs are not my thing :(

My sentiments exactly during my 5k on Sunday, I even contemplated giving up racing altogether, then the clock beat me and I'm not giving the ba5tard the satisfaction.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I know the times are a bit awkward, and I know I keep saying this - but get down to the Bros Pearse sessions. It's much easier to run fast in a group, everyone pushing each other on. Even one fast run a fortnight would really help.
    (There's also a group that runs Sundays, but they're slow runs)

You too Mr Slow - give Lucan Harriers a go.

RayCun wrote: »

Dunboyne AC is closer, am going up mid May. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Serious training going on in this log. Keep up the good work K.

RayCun wrote: »
    I know the times are a bit awkward, and I know I keep saying this - but get down to the Bros Pearse sessions. It's much easier to run fast in a group, everyone pushing each other on. Even one fast run a fortnight would really help.
    (There's also a group that runs Sundays, but they're slow runs)

Unless I tie the kids to the railings down there, it ain't going to happen. Too early for me unfortunately.

Unless I tie the kids to the railings down there, it ain't going to happen. Too early for me unfortunately.

You can bring them down to the kids training? They'll be looked after there.
    I'm with Ray, running with a club will really bring you on. I'm putting most of my improvements on pace over the last 3-4 months down to the club speed sessions (and I have only managed about 8-10 of them since Christmas).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Bring them with you to Tallaght, I'm the designated babysitter up there.
    Being serious though, I live in Ballyboden and it takes me less than 10 mins to get to the track. My eldest daughter (8) comes with me and my middle daughter will start when she's 7 in a couple of months. There does be over 50 kids there so they'll have lots of new friends to make while mammy gets her own training done and there's a few groups for you to choose from.
    Also I do a fair bit of my running in marlay so if you ever want company for the faster stuff just give me a shout and we can arrange sth.

Kids training is at the same time as adult training - it's why I joined the club. Most days the adults are training in the same field as the kids.

Just one thing, jcsmum's youngest is 2.

• Advertisement

That's a problem all right, kids have to be 8(ish) to join Bros Pearse and I think most clubs.

Advertisement