Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

You are absolutely flying along! I feel the same about the speed sessions, I need my brother to come out with me more often to push me harder. Just seem to fall back into comfortable pace when I'm on my own. My 2 year old is starting
    Montessori soon so all 4 will be gone til 1:30 everyday:D. Any chance of your little one heading there in the near future? We could start a boards free in the morning speed sessions club. This will be followed later in the year with a Conn training club seeing as so many of us are getting sucked in by all the brilliant race reports from this year. Going to sign up now before there are no places left, this years runners should be on commission from the race organisers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Woddle wrote: »

Bring them with you to Tallaght, I'm the designated babysitter up there.
    Being serious though, I live in Ballyboden and it takes me less than 10 mins to get to the track. My eldest daughter (8) comes with me and my middle daughter will start when she's 7 in a couple of months. There does be over 50 kids there so they'll have lots of new friends to make while mammy gets her own training done and there's a few groups for you to choose from.
    Also I do a fair bit of my running in marlay so if you ever want company for the faster stuff just give me a shout and we can arrange sth.

After Limerick would love to take you up on that offer, definitely need to do some speedwork :)

Killarney feet first Good Friday 5 mile
    Official time 37.30

I signed up to do this after Mallow, glutton for punishment or what ;) just wanted to see where I was speed wise, it's been a long time since I did a short race (maybe because I hate them)
    Was not feeling the best all week and yesterday felt rubbish but as logistically getting to the race was hassle free, I set off (as a bundle of nerves).
    As short races go, this didn't feel half bad. It was four laps of the town which I wasn't too sure about but somehow turned out really well. Water station every mile-ish, lots of supporters out and the route was pretty flat. The last lap involved a lot of over-taking which was a plus.
    I must say I never felt uncomfortable throughout. I had left my garmin at home so wasn't sure if this was a good or bad thing....still not sure. I ran by feel but again felt there was more in the tank at the finish line.

Am a bit confused about my time but as I had no garmin I just don't know. The clock was at a t-junction, left for race laps, right for the finish line, which was at the very most 10 seconds away. I passed the clock at 37.05 so no idea how I got that time. Anyway it's possible I Could have read it wrong.
    I was female 21 to finish and fifth in my category so delighted with that.

Again, I felt I needed this for a confidence injection which it has definitely given me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Fantastic time k. Great stuff hope you are enjoying the break down home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Great run!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Well done boss great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Great run K, you’ve every reason to feel confident, you’re in flying form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Brilliant, great run K and glad to see those race demons banished :D

shazkea wrote: »
    Brilliant, great run K and glad to see those race demons banished :D

I just followed your lead in the race demons banishing act ;)
    Oh and it helped that there was an Easter egg in the goody bag :)

14 mile Lsr this morning in 2.03, pace 8'50

Really happy with this. Rained heavily here for the last 3 miles which won't do my cold any good.

• Advertisement

8 miles this morning in a deserted killarney national park. Not sure of pace as garmin ran out of power with 2 miles to go. I had thrown a few 8 min miles in there and overall pace was pretty nifty

Really happy with this run as it's quite a hilly route. Bring on those Limerick hills :)

Great running K. Hope your cold is clearing up although it doesn't seem to be affecting your pace. Look out Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Congrats on a great time and you with some left in the tank...all that training is paying off...
    Whats the time aim for Limerick? only a few weeks to go...soon you'll be tapering:)

Younganne wrote: »
    Congrats on a great time and you with some left in the tank...all that training is paying off...
    Whats the time aim for Limerick? only a few weeks to go...soon you'll be tapering:)

Sub 3:45 ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Mr Slow wrote: »

You're a great Motivator:D (but others might call it something else;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

jcsmum wrote: »
    Oh and it helped that there was an Easter egg in the goody bag :)

Just catching up with you now... Congratulations!!! That's a great run. I also find it hard to run the shorter stuff when you have a marathon in mind.

Easter Egg in the goody bag... does it get any better??:D

She's doing super training on tired legs, she's too close to it to see how strong she's become and a gentle nudge never hurt anyone ;-)

yes we might! :rolleyes:

She's doing super training on tired legs, she's too close to it to see how strong she's become and a gentle nudge never hurt anyone ;-)

You mean 'a push over the edge' :P

Yes Anne, the aim is sub 3:45. I have my doubts big time, but that is what Mr Slow is there for!

5 miles this morning. Decided to really go for it pace wise and glad to say I did the 5 miles in 38.11, pace of 7:38. I found it tough in places, went over the Firhouse road which really has a climate all of its own, windy windy windy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

5 miles this morning. Decided to really go for it pace wise and glad to say I did the 5 miles in 38.11, pace of 7:38. I found it tough in places, went over the Firhouse road which really has a climate all of its own, windy windy windy.

Ah... The Firhouse wind tunnel, I'm moving to Woodfield so might get to sample the delights again ;)

Well done on the 5 miler :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great race last Friday jcsmum, and a real confidence booster! Nice pace this morning, you are flying :)

You mean 'a push over the edge' :P

Yes Anne, the aim is sub 3:45. I have my doubts big time, but that is what Mr Slow is there for!

Go Missus, yes you can, if you can't go it no-one can, goooo Missus :P

Cracking run this morn K, well done. Sub 3:45 it is then ;)

shazkea wrote: »
    Cracking run this morn K, well done. Sub 3:45 it is then ;)

No pressure so ;)

Have you been getting cheerleading lessons from Shaz?

No pressure so ;)

Pressure on boards...whatever do you mean :p

:D Don't worry I'll be shouting you on from the trenches...

7 miles this morning pace 8'35
    This was supposed to be a recovery run after yesterday's exertions but the pace felt good so I just kept going. Really enjoyed this run.

She's lending me her pom poms.

• Advertisement

Your training pace is just deadly! I don't know Mr. Slow but he seems to know what he's talking about so I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say go for 3:45:D

Now we need icons for waving of Pom Poms just for such occasions but I think Shaz would have to be in charge of them

Advertisement