Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Cutex wrote: »
    Your training pace is just deadly! I don't know Mr. Slow but he seems to know what he's talking about

Every dog has his day ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Mr Slow wrote: »
    She's lending me her pom poms.

So long as that is the only part of her cheerleading costume that she's loaning you ;)

I decided to run by feel this morning, to take it nice and easy and not look at the garmin at all. 5 miles pace of 8:43

jcsmum wrote: »
    She's lending me her pom poms.

So long as that is the only part of her cheerleading costume that she's loaning you ;)

Those and the high thighed hot pants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Those and the high thighed hot pants!

:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Flipping heck your flying around the place k. Well done.

20 miles this morning, last one before Limerick so happy to have it done. Had company for all the miles which was a great help.
    Pace was 9:35.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Woo hoo! Taper time:D

You're in fantastic shape at the moment, just think how much better you'll be with a taper in your legs. Watch out Limerick, here she comes:)
    Well done.
    now brace yourself for taper madness to set in in a few days.....

Marthastew wrote: »

You're in fantastic shape at the moment, just think how much better you'll be with a taper in your legs. Watch out Limerick, here she comes:)
    Well done.

Thanks O, a week to taper but just itching to race now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Nice run this morning k. I am sure shaz kept you well entertained :D;)

• Advertisement

Nules10 wrote: »

:rolleyes:...funny girl!!

Nicely done on a great run this morn, personally I think it was the great company :D

Marthastew wrote: »

Well done.

Thanks O, a week to taper but just itching to race now.

What's the LSR for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

That's another good one, 3:45 shouldn't be a problem, you'll fly it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Hey K, only reading your log for first time in ages. You are clearly in the best shape ever. Your training times are amazing and as for your race last wkd..awesome. Keep it up girl!!!

Nules10 wrote: »

Well unlike 'some' people I was very sympathetic and understanding!

What's the LSR for next week?

15 or so...seeing as I follow my own plan! May have to do this on Thursday as somebody is going away on a golfing weekend

Hey K, only reading your log for first time in ages. You are clearly in the best shape ever. Your training times are amazing and as for your race last wkd..awesome. Keep it up girl!!!

Thanks R. I hear you are racing tomorrow. Delighted you are back running again. Best of luck.

15 or so...seeing as I follow my own plan! May have to do this on Thursday as somebody is going away on a golfing weekend

Crack that whip, I thought you were the Boss. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great work as usual jcsmum, you're going to run a blinder in Limerick. Happy tappering :)

5 recovery miles this morning at 9'10 pace. Probably should have gone slower but this felt great.

• Advertisement

8 miles this morning, 9'02 pace. Felt tired for the first few miles but then just perked up.

8 miles this morning, 9'02 pace. Felt tired for the first few miles but then just perked up.

That means you're ready, I always find short runs horrible in taper, just getting going and they're over. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

Your dedication to getting up early to run is inspiring. Maybe if I didn't go to bed I might be able to manage it:D

Tapering seems to be going well. Have you been persuaded (bullied) into going for 3:45 yet???

Cutex wrote: »
    Your dedication to getting up early to run is inspiring. Maybe if I didn't go to bed I might be able to manage it:D

Tapering seems to be going well. Have you been persuaded (bullied) into going for 3:45 yet???

Thankfully hubby is off work for a few weeks so my morning running is at a more respectable hour! Haven't started tapering as yet and yes 3.45 is the goal. Some days I'm super confident, other days not so sure. Hopefully everything will just come together on the day. :)

5 miles this morning in a blustery marlay park. The first half was pretty good, if tough. The second half was plain awful. Really struggled in parts and had to stop going up one of the hills :(
    I hate when I do that. Pace was 8.04.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

5 miles this morning in a blustery marlay park. The first half was pretty good, if tough. The second half was plain awful. Really struggled in parts and had to stop going up one of the hills :(
    I hate when I do that. Pace was 8.04.

Look at your pace - there is no need for a :( - as that is not a bad run!! You're training for Limerick has been (and continues to be) bang on! Everytime I read, you're just in from an easy 20 mile trot!! Enjoy the taper now... :)

Ps - I got through the rest of last week with no treats. Then I went mental (like a kid in a sweet shop) at the weekend, and back on the wagon this week. No choccie until after the race on Saturday morning - God it better be a decent goodie bag!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

claralara wrote: »
    No choccie until after the race on Saturday morning - God it better be a decent goodie bag!!

It's the K-Club so lots of free golf tees and discounts for a fourball, etc.
    I'm sure you will be well happy with that!!

claralara wrote: »

Look at your pace - there is no need for a :( - as that is not a bad run!! You're training for Limerick has been (and continues to be) bang on! Everytime I read, you're just in from an easy 20 mile trot!! Enjoy the taper now... :)

Ps - I got through the rest of last week with no treats. Then I went mental (like a kid in a sweet shop) at the weekend, and back on the wagon this week. No choccie until after the race on Saturday morning - God it better be a decent goodie bag!!

You have more will power than me, that's for sure (re the sweet deprivation)
    And as for yesterday's race, a distant memory! ;)

7 showery miles this morning, pace 8'29
    Felt great although was delighted to get to the 'finish line'!

• Advertisement

No rogue drivers this morning then? :)

Advertisement