Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

shazkea wrote: »
    No rogue drivers this morning then? :)

I wasn't driving this morning, but didn't encounter any bad drivers while running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

No rogue drivers this morning then? :)
    jcsmum wrote: »
    I wasn't driving this morning...

:eek::eek: Now you have me seriously worried. Note to self, ensure life & health insurance are up-to-date before hopping in a car with jcsmum :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

:eek::eek: Now you have me seriously worried. Note to self, ensure life & health insurance are up-to-date before hopping in a car with jcsmum :p

I've been in a car with her and there were no safety issues!!!

(because I was driving :D)

I wouldn't want to be sensitive or anything ;)

Mr Slow wrote: »

I've been in a car with her and there were no safety issues!!!

(because I was driving :D)

I leave my log alone for a day and I come back to these wayward comments ;)

• Advertisement

15.5 miles in the phoenix park this morning. Last big one before Limerick and it felt really good. Again, it took about 4 miles to get into the swing of things. Had planned on doing 15 miles and run up the Kyber on the last one (just for the hell of it :) )
    The watch beeped 15 half way up but whatever got into me, I just put the foot down and kept going. Delighted with myself really.
    Pace was 9'02
    Let taper begin.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

You're confidence must be sky high with the consistantly great training you've put in. Great work jcsmum. Happy taper-time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good stuff, always nice to get that final long run out of the way, enjoy the taper. Hopefully you don’t suffer too much taper madness, just enough to keep us entertained :D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done K. As DJ says please share your madness with us!

Woohoo taper time :D. Nice going on the run the other day, now relax and enjoy the next couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

K, reading your log i think a sub 3.45 will happen alright if you just get a bit of luck. Now don't go mad in the next while:D

2 days off and now back to running at early o clock.
    5 miles pace 8'26. Felt tough in places but was mostly enjoyable.

5 steady miles this morning, pace 8'58
    Really enjoyed this, glorious morning. Felt a bit tired mid way but all in all confidence is good for Limerick.

jcsmum wrote: »
    5 steady miles this morning, pace 8'58
    Really enjoyed this, glorious morning. Felt a bit tired mid way but all in all confidence is good for Limerick.

Sub 3:44 ;)

Sheesh........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Hey K you sound super relaxed and confident. No reports of taper madness?? is it not happening for you :)

Nules10 wrote: »
    Hey K you sound super relaxed and confident. No reports of taper madness?? is it not happening for you :)

Well I watched the London marathon on Sunday ALL of it and then I watched the highlights later in the day....is that taper madness or is that what I should to be doing regardless :)
    Other than that I'm doing fine. Am I supposed to be eating healthier or something? I can't remember ;)

How are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

I think that is just regular runner madness... I did the same. I watched in awe at nell mc Andrew :eek: how are the legs? Nice and fresh? Will you get a massage soon too? All good here seem to be getting back on track... Hopefully will meet up with you in the park after Limerick for a run

Nules10 wrote: »
    I think that is just regular runner madness... I did the same. I watched in awe at nell mc Andrew :eek: how are the legs? Nice and fresh? Will you get a massage soon too? All good here seem to be getting back on track... Hopefully will meet up with you in the park after Limerick for a run

Nell is my hero I think. Legs feel good, massage early week.
    Yeah we're due a meet up alright :)

4 blustery miles this morning. Not easy in patches but managed a pace of 8'03

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Your flying K. Enjoy the rest of taper and rest up well. I'm sure you'll have a super race in Limerick. I'll refrain from mentioning times unlike some others :rolleyes:

Don't know who you're talking about, go K!

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Your flying K. Enjoy the rest of taper and rest up well. I'm sure you'll have a super race in Limerick. I'll refrain from mentioning times unlike some others :rolleyes:

http://www.virginlondonmarathon.com/marathon-centre/enter-virgin-london-marathon/good-for-age-entries/

That's all I'm saying :D. I've already given you the A target but this is your B target. I'm sure Brian won't mind another person using his UK address!!

Hope the OH is enjoying doing all the hoovering ;)

http://www.virginlondonmarathon.com/marathon-centre/enter-virgin-london-marathon/good-for-age-entries/

That's all I'm saying :D. I've already given you the A target but this is your B target. I'm sure Brian won't mind another person using his UK address!!

Hope the OH is enjoying doing all the hoovering ;)

She already has a sub 4 which covers her on that! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

I'm pretty sure it's sub 3.50 for your age group K, although I could be wrong... I'd love if you were coming to London next year (I've a GFA) so no pressure......:D

Seriuosly though, you are in great, great shape and you will fly it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Unless you're suggesting she is over 50, she needs a sub 3:50 ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    Unless you're suggesting she is over 50, she needs a sub 3:50 ;)

That's why I put the winking emoticon at the end of that sentence, I'll end this one with :rolleyes::P

Ouch, such a charmer :rolleyes: :D

Ouch, such a charmer :rolleyes: :D

Thank you for having the intelligence to see that as a joke! :)

• Advertisement

Obviously the botox isn't working :)

And what's with this London business?? Let me get through Limerick first people!
    (Although today I signed up to do the parkwest 10k in June and I've my eye on a few 5k races....first things first though)

Advertisement