Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jcsmum wrote: »
    Obviously the botox isn't working :)

And what's with this London business?? Let me get through Limerick first people!
    (Although today I signed up to do the parkwest 10k in June and I've my eye on a few 5k races....first things first though)

Dunshaughlin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Obviously the botox isn't working :)

And what's with this London business?? Let me get through Limerick first people!
    (Although today I signed up to do the parkwest 10k in June and I've my eye on a few 5k races....first things first though)

Hmmm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that race was a shambles last year. multiple races going on at the same time over the same course (3 laps of approx 3.3k) and the course was short.

Edit, scrap that. I'm thinking of a different 10k that took place in october. The one you're talking about is actually a good, fast course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Rest day yesterday, so back out on the road this morning. 7 miles, pace of 9'10. I kinda ran by feel and this felt pretty effortless.

Was slightly worried during the week as on wed the achilles was bothering me and felt very tender. I soaked it in epsom salts and stretched it and thankfully it was fine again yesterday.

Was slightly worried during the week as on wed the achilles was bothering me and felt very tender. I soaked it in epson salts and stretched it and thankfully it was fine again yesterday.

Taper Madness!:D

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Taper Madness!:D

You calling me crazy? :mad:;)

• Advertisement

You calling me crazy? :mad:;)

Yep! Where are you staying in Limerick?

Yep! Where are you staying in Limerick?

Not sure yet, may have the use of my brother's house which is in the city centre.

Rest day on Sat and took another one yesterday. Felt a head cold coming on yesterday evening but decided to chance a run this morning.
    Pleasantly surprised, this felt really good.
    5 miles, pace 8'49. On the flip side the nerves are starting to creep in....

Was slightly worried during the week as on wed the achilles was bothering me and felt very tender.
    Felt a head cold coming on yesterday evening but decided to chance a run this morning.

:D

Classic symptoms!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Glad you are feeling good again jcsmum! Roll on Sunday and a great new shiney pb :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Not sure yet, may have the use of my brother's house which is in the city centre.

Nules are you heading to Limerick now ;)

shazkea wrote: »

Wrong one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

House party in your bro's after ;)

House party in your bro's after ;)

Only if you bring the ice cream!
    I have it on good authority that you have some deal with HB, so Mr slow says....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

shazkea wrote: »

LIMERICK :eek: are ya flipping mad. No it's Kerry I am going to :D

Nules10 wrote: »
    LIMERICK :eek: are ya flipping mad. No it's Kerry I am going to :D

OH much better :rolleyes:

OH much better :rolleyes:

:D:D I am off to live on a farm. That right k ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Only if you bring the cream

Jeez, things have changed on this log, I'm off to confession ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Jeez, things have changed on this log, I'm off to confession ;):D

Twill be a long confession i fear Digs :p

Anyway back to the matter of running

4 miles this morning, pace 8'43
    Nearly there...

• Advertisement

How many more runs left K. has the cold gone?

Nules10 wrote: »
    How many more runs left K. has the cold gone?

One more on Friday and that's me done. Was at the PT today so definite rest day tomorrow.
    Unfortunately the cold is worse but hopefully I'll have shaken it by the time I get to the start line.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Best of luck at the weekend. You've super training under your belt, so just a matter of going out and running one mile 26.2 times. Easy as!!
    Seriously, you're well set to go out and run a great race and bag a new PB. Looking forward to reading your report after

Best of luck at the weekend. You've super training under your belt, so just a matter of going out and running one mile 26.2 times. Easy as!!
    Seriously, you're well set to go out and run a great race and bag a new PB. Looking forward to reading your report after

Thanks a mill! Confidence is pretty good so hopefully everything will fall into place on the day.
    What are you up to? I haven't checked out your log in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Best of luck with the run in (forgive the pun) to the weekend. Take it handy, look after your cold, and I know you'll have a great race! Can't wait for the race report. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Best of luck girl

Unfortunately the cold is worse but hopefully I'll have shaken it by the time I get to the start line.

Zirtech do a non drowsy antihistamine and decongestant in one tablet, takes more than the edge off of the misery.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Thanks a mill! Confidence is pretty good so hopefully everything will fall into place on the day.
    What are you up to? I haven't checked out your log in ages.

Good to hear the confidence is up. None of that negative mentality!:cool:

Tumbleweed over on my log... this is where it's at!
    Haven't done a huge amount lately. Got a good time in a 10k in K club, but achiles and hamstring niggles and a large bout of laziness is limiting my running and logging!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Plenty of rest and vit C for the next couple of days, and then you'll go and run a cracker in Limerick!! Looking forward to reading all about it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Best of Luck for the weekend, hope the cold clears up and you'll have a cracker of a run. Looking forward to reading all about!:D

Advertisement