Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

You're in flying form jcsmum! What's your next target race?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

RubyK wrote: »
    You're in flying form jcsmum! What's your next target race?

I've no target atall. I'm just keeping my mileage ticking away.....
    Would love to do another marathon. I will have to sign up for something soon though, just to keep me focused.
    My main aim is a sub 4 marathon, that's the 2011 goal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

jcsmum wrote: »
    I've no target atall. I'm just keeping my mileage ticking away.....
    Would love to do another marathon. I will have to sign up for something soon though, just to keep me focused.
    My main aim is a sub 4 marathon, that's the 2011 goal :)

You will crack that no problem just keep things consistent. Maybe the GI run 10k or something like than in April just to keep you ticking over. No harm in getting a few shorter races in to will help bring you along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

You'll smash the sub 4, that's for sure ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

RubyK wrote: »
    You'll smash the sub 4, that's for sure ;)

+1 You're flying it these days missus :)

Any plans to join us in Mallow at the end of March? Only 1 day, plenty of time to find a babysitter (You can have my mum - she's loves being lamped with children to facilitate an ole run :rolleyes:!) Go on go on go on ;)

• Advertisement

claralara wrote: »
    +1 You're flying it these days missus :)

Any plans to join us in Mallow at the end of March? Only 1 day, plenty of time to find a babysitter (You can have my mum - she's loves being lamped with children to facilitate an ole run :rolleyes:!) Go on go on go on ;)

Who knows, I just might. Although I'd have a peference not to have to travel so far to a race, I'm old.... set in my ways. :o
    I will sign up for something soon though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

The Metro St Brigids 5k is a nice race, and since its a short race your family can watch you run, then all do something in town afterwards.

RayCun wrote: »
    The Metro St Brigids 5k is a nice race, and since its a short race your family can watch you run, then all do something in town afterwards.

Yeah, OH and I did it last year, his one and only race (I beat him by about 30 seconds!).:p
    Will probably do it again this year. It was a good one alright.
    Is your good lady wife running it this year?

Yeah, OH and I did it last year, his one and only race (I beat him by about 30 seconds!).:p
    Will probably do it again this year. It was a good one alright.
    Is your good lady wife running it this year?

Yep, we're both entered. Will probably do the same as last year - my mother will watch the kids while we race and then we all go to Carluccios for lunch.

Yep, we're both entered. Will probably do the same as last year - my mother will watch the kids while we race and then we all go to Carluccios for lunch.

Sounds good! It's great she's back running (and racing) again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Was all set to join the group for the run in the Phoenix park, but I got the rare opportunity for a lie- in and I took it

And I thought you were hardcore, Mr Slow shakes his head in disappointment :P

mrslow wrote: »
    And I thought you were hardcore, Mr Slow shakes his head in disappointment :P

Well MrSlow, I did 16 miles in the Phoenix park yesterday in 2:29, pace of 9.19.
    Good enough for ya??? ;)

I had decided on doing 12 or 13, but the day was so nice and the legs were feeling strong, I just kept on going. Legs are tired today, but I'm delighted with the run.

Oh and I signed up for the St Patrick's weekend 5k. :)

Well MrSlow, I did 16 miles in the Phoenix park yesterday in 2:29, pace of 9.19.
    Good enough for ya??? ;)

That'll do nicely, well done!

Joined the gang for a group run in the park this morning. Did 12.43 miles, in 2 hrs, pace of 9.44
    The first few miles my legs felt heavy but yet again the more I ran, the more they loosened out.
    The run also included a trip up Knockmaroon hill, courtesy of meno :rolleyes:

I was pretty happy with the run, beautiful morning for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

The run also included a trip up Knockmaroon hill, courtesy of meno :rolleyes:

To quote Chinguetti 'Hills are your friend'. The more you embrace them in training the easier you will find them when racing.

Anyway, don't know what you're complaining about, you flew up there today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Sure, it ws a nice treat to get out of the park for a while, even if it involved the hill. Next time, we might take it all the way up to Castleknock. :D

Decided to head out last night for a short one. As it was short, I decided to up the pace and see if I could maintain it.
    I did 4 miles in 34 mins exactly, average pace 8.30 miles. :D

Was exhausted approaching mile 4 but kept going - definite confidence booster alright. Not sure though I could have kept it going, I nearly fell in my front door! :D

menoscemo wrote: »
    To quote Chinguetti 'Hills are your friend'. The more you embrace them in training the easier you will find them when racing.

Anyway, don't know what you're complaining about, you flew up there today!

I think the hill rep session last week might have had something to do with that. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Seriously missus, you're all over it these days! Great running on the hills last week and your fast 4 yesterday inspired me last night - however my run was under 2.5miles and the pace was 8.41 and I was wrecked... you're kinda like my carrot on a stick..I want to catch up with all of your times :)

claralara wrote: »
    Seriously missus, you're all over it these days! Great running on the hills last week and your fast 4 yesterday inspired me last night - however my run was under 2.5miles and the pace was 8.41 and I was wrecked... you're kinda like my carrot on a stick..I want to catch up with all of your times :)

Surely you mean McChicken Sandwich?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Surely you mean McChicken Sandwich?

Or a banana fritter.....

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Or a banana fritter.....

always lowering the tone..... :rolleyes:;)

Tuesday is my day off work, so I always try to get a longish run in. Was not impressed by yesterdays' weather. Practically sat inside the window all morning dressed in running gear, talking to myself 'it's not that bad', 'are you crazy, do you want to get pneumonia', 'I'll just do 5'....... :rolleyes:
    Anyway when there was a lull in the rain, I headed out. Mile and a half later, the heavens opened and continued until I got home. 5 wet and windy miles. 9 minute mile pace exactly. :)

So after a lot of careful consideration :rolleyes: I have signed up to do the Cork City Marathon. Hotel also booked, so there's no going back now.

My aim (which is there for the taking) is a sub 4. My mileage is pretty good each week, I'd say I'm averaging 25-30 miles at the moment, so I'm starting out with a pretty solid base as opposed to jumping into a training plan for DCM last year.

Am all excited again.......... :D

So after a lot of careful consideration :rolleyes: I have signed up to do the Cork City Marathon. Hotel also booked, so there's no going back now.

My aim (which is there for the taking) is a sub 4. My mileage is pretty good each week, I'd say I'm averaging 25-30 miles at the moment, so I'm starting out with a pretty solid base as opposed to jumping into a training plan for DCM last year.

Am all excited again.......... :D

Well done and not that you'll need it but Good Luck!

I miss d'excitement but I'm staying the course, might get a road trip together for Barca next year hmmmmm:rolleyes:

How many weeks away is it? Have you started drawing up your training plan yet? :)

How many weeks away is it? Have you started drawing up your training plan yet? :)

Nope. I used Hal last year and he didn't let me down. I'm on hols at the end of the month, so when I come back I'll get really stuck in.

Nope. I used Hal last year and he didn't let me down. I'm on hols at the end of the month, so when I come back I'll get really stuck in.

Hal's a good starter plan but there are better plans when you've a time goal.

Hal's a good starter plan but there are better plans when you've a time goal.

I think I did Hal's intermediate last year probably with bits of the novice plan at the beginning.
    I'll check out his advanced plan and see what it's like.
    Again like last year, some weeks the plan did not happen, I just ran when I had the chance and I only did 2 20milers, one of them a barely there 20 miler.

• Advertisement

I think I did Hal's intermediate last year probably with bits of the novice plan at the beginning.
    I'll check out his advanced plan and see what it's like.
    Again like last year, some weeks the plan did not happen, I just ran when I had the chance and I only did 2 20milers, one of them a barely there 20 miler.

I envy you!:mad:

Advertisement