Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Aw I've nearly a little tear in my eye reading about the two fellas helping you. People are amazing at these races. And 15th female. That's an absolutely huge achievement. 8:35 min/mile is phenomenal for 26 odd miles.
    I'm really thrilled for you. Well done!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

jcsmum wrote: »
    I thought you were coming on to say that it wasn't long enough. The photos are quiet funny will put them up later.

It was the perfect length for me I have a short attention span. How are the legs today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

I am delighted for you K, a really fantastic PB.
    I really enjoyed your report, the last few miles sound really tough and what a way to end with the crowd urging you on. You did really well to keep going and not to lose too much time at all when the pacers passed you by.

Next stop London:) (after DCM)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Congrats on the pb K, that was a great run, sounds like you gave every ounce of engery you had. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Great job yesterday K, fair play to you for keeping going. Those last few miles were imprinted on alot of faces when people passed me near the finish.

Thanks for the energy gel to assist me on my way home from the pub last night from Mr. K. Found it this morning in my jacket and it took me a few seconds to remember where it came from:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Are we glad we came to Limerick then?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well done K. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Mr Slow wrote: »

Yeah, despite the pain it was a great day. Not sure I'd run it again but I'm delighted to have done it.

Yeah, despite the pain it was a great day. Not sure I'd run it again but I'm delighted to have done it.

Oh and we all arrived home unscathed from the place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Hearty congrats on the run. A PB, 15th woman home and a London qualifying time are pretty sweet rewards for the training and the serious effort you put in on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

A PB! 15th woman home ! London qualifying time!
    Is it ok if us mere mortals tag along with you for weekend LSRs in the park? We are not worthy! Well done superwoman, to infinity and beyond!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Bloody hell, did you not hear a word when I said to enjoy the whole race, not just the first half :p

Seriously that sounds horrendous but out of that you get a huge PB and 15th place. Cracking run and I'm chuffed for you. London and Nell calling then :D

Oh and thanks, despite the jet lag I only needed a pint of coke to get me through the report ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

You put in mighty effort jcsmum, those last 8 miles sound like torture. I felt ill just reading about it, I can't imagine how hellish it must have been for you :( But, you ran a fantastic time, and you're off to London Baby :D

Massive congrats to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Great running K. It's hell to have that "someone else's legs" feeling. But to have that and still get home in 3:45! Fantastic stuff! :D
    Congrats.
    Enjoy London! :p;)

Took a little jaunt around the block yesterday evening as the legs felt back to normal. 3 miles early this morning. Apart from a bit of tightness in the right leg it's all systems go again.

It's crazy but I can't wait for dcm plus part of me wants to go back to Limerick and try it again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done again missus!! Absolutely delighted for you. That is an awesome PB. Well done on sticking with it through the rough parts - we all knew your hard training would pay off! Most importantly now - makw sure to enjoy the recovery :)

6 glorious miles this morning, everything felt great. Haven't bothered with the garmin this week, running by feel is great. Should do it more often.

6 glorious miles this morning, everything felt great. Haven't bothered with the garmin this week, running by feel is great. Should do it more often.

CORK???

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

CORK???

I see your recruitment drive continues :pac:

I see your recruitment drive continues :pac:

There's no greater calling than bullying people into a Boards session ;)

• Advertisement

As i ignore a certain person, time to log another run. 8.5 miles with the ladeez in the park this morning. Really enjoyed this. Thankfully everything is back to pre marathon state, not a niggle to be felt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

As i ignore a certain person, time to log another run. 8.5 miles with the ladeez in the park this morning. Really enjoyed this. Thankfully everything is back to pre marathon state, not a niggle to be felt.

Thats because you were running soooo slow today; good marathon recovery practice ;)

Yes but chatting is much more important than running and much more fun.

6 miles this morning pace 8.18
    This felt pretty good even with that wind. Made the mistake of wearing short sleeves, passed a runner in gloves and a hat!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

6 miles this morning pace 8.18
    This felt pretty good even with that wind. Made the mistake of wearing short sleeves, passed a runner in gloves and a hat!!?

What time do you start these morning runs at? :eek:

pistol_75 wrote: »

What time do you start these morning runs at? :eek:

I know, crazy right? 6.30 this morning. But I have to say best way to start the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

JCsMum, I recall running with you in the run up to the 2010 DCM on a few LSRs in the phoenix park but our paths took a different course after that! You kept running but I took the bones of a year out.... Anyway, I'm back in harness now and I'd delighted to see you're running 3.45 marathons now - fantastic progress and real inspiration for me to push on. Likewise for the likes of Mr Slow and Raycun. I'll be back to you for tips in the run up to Oct!

grimbergen wrote: »
    JCsMum, I recall running with you in the run up to the 2010 DCM on a few LSRs in the phoenix park but our paths took a different course after that! You kept running but I took the bones of a year out.... Anyway, I'm back in harness now and I'd delighted to see you're running 3.45 marathons now - fantastic progress and real inspiration for me to push on. Likewise for the likes of Mr Slow and Raycun. I'll be back to you for tips in the run up to Oct!

I remember you alright, sorry to hear that you were out of action. What are you aiming for In Oct? I'd go to Mr slow or Ray for advice, I'm trying my best to keep up with them....they're just so damn fast :)

4.5 miles this am, pace 8'09
    Decided to inject a bit of speed for the middle few miles, just to see where I was at. Have to work on bettering some of my shorter pace PBs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

So, have you applied for London yet?

Advertisement