Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

menoscemo wrote: »
    So, have you applied for London yet?

K, I'm in the process of gettng my photocopied ID, Cert from DCM etc together so Mr Stew can send them registered post in London when he is there next (probabaly next week or week after), I think we have till July to send it in, PM me if you want your application posted in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Not yet, but I will

Marthastew wrote: »

K, I'm in the process of gettng my photocopied ID, Cert from DCM etc together so Mr Stew can send them registered post in London when he is there next (probabaly next week or week after), I think we have till July to send it in, PM me if you want your application posted in London.

Thanks O, I may be sorted but I'll let you know. :)

4.5 miles 8'33 pace
    Nothing else to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Wow, Limerick didn't take a thing out of you! Keep up the great work :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jcsmum wrote: »
    I remember you alright, sorry to hear that you were out of action. What are you aiming for In Oct? I'd go to Mr slow or Ray for advice, I'm trying my best to keep up with them....they're just so damn fast :)

That'd be Ray, I'm in stasis, semi retired from pb's for a while.:o

Got out this afternoon so 8 miles done around marlay and st enda's park. Nice to run in the park for a change. Pace was 9'30 which was nice.

Ran the Tom Byrne Lucan 5k this morning. Haven't run one since March of last year and my PB is 23'40. So wasn't sure how this one would go, sub 22 would be nice.
    Perfect morning, nice course, not that much congestion to deal with, definitely one for the calendar next year.
    Absolutely delighted with myself, 21'15 by my garmin.

(A lady about 5 places behind me won 2 tickets to the Olympics, as a spot prize in her goodie bag.... )
    Me, I'd still take the better time ;)

Great result K, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done K. Not only are you long distance queen but you are speedy gonzalliz too. The good time was worth missing the best ever long run in the park :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Fantastic running K. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done K. Great PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Well done speedy, thats a great time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Wow, great running and pb!! Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Thats a great chunk to take off a 5k time, great PB, Well done!

Rest day yesterday so back out nice and early this morning. 7 miles at 9'03 pace. Glorious.

5 miles this morning at 8'27 pace. After the first mile decided to crank up the speed a bit, didn't feel too much of an effort.

Won't get any running done at the weekend, so got 7 done this morning, pace 8'47. It's hot out there already!

Won't get any running done at the weekend, so got 7 done this morning, pace 8'47. It's hot out there already!

Did you go to bed at all? You must have been out at 5:30?

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Did you go to bed at all? You must have been out at 5:30?

Just after 6 actually. I'm finding it easier and easier to get up for these runs. Long may it continue. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done on your 5k race missus - great running!

And have you taken a break at all since the marathon?! You crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Just after 6 actually. I'm finding it easier and easier to get up for these runs. Long may it continue. :)
    Ahh jaysus K I was turning over at that time. Do you just get up and go nothing to eat ? :eek:

7 miles this morning, 8'55 pace. Really enjoyed this, nice to get a longish run in before it gets too hot.

Only got a 25 min window to run this morning so 3 miles at 8'52 pace.
    Just as well really because I would have run a lot more and I really shouldn't as I'm tapering for Cork :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Lunatic :eek:

Just as well really because I would have run a lot more and I really shouldn't as I'm tapering for Cork :)

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Only got a 25 min window to run this morning so 3 miles at 8'52 pace.

Oh my god are you doing Cork, that's such a surprise :eek::eek:. (Oscar performance there ;):D)

shazkea wrote: »
    Oh my god are you doing Cork, that's such a surprise :eek::eek:. (Oscar performance there ;):D)

She's doing what? I hope she's got someone to burn the ear off of her the whole way around? :)

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Lunatic :eek:

My sentiments exactly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Mr Slow wrote: »
    She's doing what? I hope she's got someone to burn the ear off of her the whole way around? :)

I suspect she may have somebody to do that alright. Hope they have a shiny (new) garmin so they can pace correctly ;)

Advertisement