Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

shazkea wrote: »
    Mr Slow wrote: »
    She's doing what? I hope she's got someone to burn the ear off of her the whole way around? :)

I suspect she may have somebody to do that alright. Hope they have a shiny (new) garmin so they can pace correctly ;)

Only the best for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I suspect she may have somebody to do that alright. Hope they have a shiny (new) garmin so they can pace correctly ;)

I'll get her to 20 miles, then she's going to carry me the rest of the way
    jcsmum wrote: »
    Only the best for me :)

Thank you for not seizing the opportunity to slag that I gifted you, you're a class act!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

What???? Cork??? (No oscar winning performance necessary here:))
    Are you running the full? How exciting, very, very best of luck no matter what you are racing

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Fair play to you. You really have great powers of recovery when you think how you emptied the tank in Limerick to be able to step right back into training. From your log you'd never have guessed you'd had that kind of a test and you're back churning out the miles and a shot at the sub 3.45.
    Very best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Have a good one in Cork jcsmum, you're on for another great pb :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Only got a 25 min window to run this morning so 3 miles at 8'52 pace.
    Just as well really because I would have run a lot more and I really shouldn't as I'm tapering for Cork :)

What the flock?!!! :eek:

I've been offline for a week and the world goes mad!!!

The very best of luck K - you know you have it in the bag :)

Fair play to you. You really have great powers of recovery when you think how you emptied the tank in Limerick to be able to step right back into training. From your log you'd never have guessed you'd had that kind of a test and you're back churning out the miles and a shot at the sub 3.45.
    Very best of luck with it

Thanks a mill. Come what may, I'm really looking forward to trying again.
    :)

claralara wrote: »
    Only got a 25 min window to run this morning so 3 miles at 8'52 pace.
    Just as well really because I would have run a lot more and I really shouldn't as I'm tapering for Cork :)

What the flock?!!! :eek:

I've been offline for a week and the world goes mad!!!

The very best of luck K - you know you have it in the bag :)

The world goes mad, thought it was just me! This running lark is crazy that's all I'll say. It's a weekend away if nothing else ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Best of luck on Monday K. Stick to the SPR and you'll be under 3.45 no doubt.

chinguetti wrote: »
    Best of luck on Monday K. Stick to the SPR and you'll be under 3.45 no doubt.

Will miss your support on Monday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Good luck on Monday K, hope it goes brilliantly for you :)

Marthastew wrote: »
    What???? Cork??? (No oscar winning performance necessary here:))
    Are you running the full? How exciting, very, very best of luck no matter what you are racing

Only noticed now that I didn't reply to you O. I'm doing the full alright. I'll give the sub 3'45 another go. I'm actually really relaxed about it, maybe too relaxed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Road.....tripppppppppppppppp:D:D

Road.....tripppppppppppppppp:D:D

Thelma and Louise x2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good luck on Monday K, see you down there

Had to abandon my early morning run yesterday due to the rain, so set out this am instead. 4 miles 9'04 pace, should have been slower I know....
    Legs feel fine but a few days ago I tweaked something in my upper back, neck and right shoulder. HAve been applying the deep heat so fingers crossed it will be ok by Monday.
    No nerves this time around, so far, just looking forward to it really. Obviously the memories of the last 8 in Limerick have evaporated from my mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Best of luck this weekend..The fact that you are really relaxed about this will go in your favour...Enjoy!!!:D

Thelma and Louise x2

Janey...is she that bad a driver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Janey...is she that bad a driver?

Oi cheeky, you might be walking to Cork yet :D

K hope the back is ok by Monday. My cheer leading squad is full up so no more injuries please.

Oi cheeky, you might be walking to Cork yet :D

K hope the back is ok by Monday. My cheer leading squad is full up so no more injuries please.

Shaz, did i ever tell you how brilliant I think you are?!!
    K +1 - hope the niggles clear up in time for the main event!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Shaz, did i ever tell you how brilliant I think you are?!!
    K +1 - hope the niggles clear up in time for the main event!

Nope I don't recall hearing you say that recently. Feel free to start now :D

Nope I don't recall hearing you say that recently. Feel free to start now :D

Not only are you highly intelligent but so athleticallly talented and extremely pretty.

Do I get front seat with full control of the radio?

Not only are you highly intelligent but so athleticallly talented and extremely pretty.

Tell her she has lovely eyes, you might get your feet up on the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

You will have to drag my ass out of it first :D

Mr Slow wrote: »

Tell her she has lovely eyes, you might get your feet up on the dash.

Shaz you have the nicest eyes I've ever seen (does this entitle me to a foot massage as they rest on the dashboard?)

Hey, I have a bad back, I should sit in the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

God Shaz if i were you i'ld put the front seat on sale on eBay. Must be one heck of a car seat if there's 3 of them after it.

Make sure that who's ever in the front pays the tolls on the way down as well:D

chinguetti wrote: »
    Make sure that who's ever in the front pays the tolls on the way down as well:D

I'm actually far more comfortable as a back seat passenger come to think of it. Its to do with my travel sickness issues....oh didnt i mention those? :D:D

A sub 3'45 marathon, take 2. Another day when it was not to be, chip time 3'45'36. A PB by around a minute, so judging by that I should get the sub 3'45 next go! :)

Everything went to plan until my legs saw the 25 mile marker and then they turned to jelly. The garmin read 3'33 at that stage, I was so close.....and yet so far.

Huge thanks to C for pacing me even if I dropped you at mile 22, I was afraid to look back for you as I knew the pacers were right behind me. Never conceived that you could possibly be struggling. (It's all about me). I appreciated all the support on the day. It wouldn't have been half as enjoyable on my own.

Thanks to my backroom staff, my chauffeur Shaz, my sunscreen applier nules and physical therapist/nurse Ro. Had a great giggly girlie weekend.

I'm not sure where I go now. I'm considering not racing for a while and just training away for dcm. I think I need to take a step back from chasing times, keeping the log and putting pressure on myself.

I love running and if the last mile yesterday had gone like the previous 25 then maybe my sentiments might be totally different. Maybe it was the heat, running so soon after Limerick, needing additional sugar during the race, who knows. I'm very disappointed at missing out on my goal time but I know that I will get there.

• Advertisement

A sub 3'45 marathon, take 2. Another day when it was not to be, chip time 3'45'xx. A PB by around a minute, so judging by that I should get the sub 3'45 next go! :)

Everything went to plan until my legs saw the 25 mile marker and then they turned to jelly. The garmin read 3'33 at that stage, I was so close.....and yet so far.

Huge thanks to C for pacing me even if I dropped you at mile 22, I was afraid to look back for you as I knew the pacers were right behind me. Never conceived that you could possibly be struggling. (It's all about me). I appreciated all the support on the day. It wouldn't have been half as enjoyable on my own.

Thanks to my backroom staff, my chauffeur Shaz, my sunscreen applier nules and physical therapist/nurse Ro. Had a great giggly weekend.

I'm not sure where I go now. I'm considering not racing for a while and just training away for dcm. I think I need to take a step back from chasing times, keeping the log and putting pressure on myself.

I love running and if the last mile yesterday had gone like the previous 25 then maybe my sentiments might be totally different. Maybe it was the heat, running so soon after Limerick, needing additional sugar during the race, who knows. I'm very disappointed at missing out on my goal time but I know that I will get there.

I'm sorry, where's your race report?:rolleyes:

Advertisement