Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Well I think you are brilliant. Well done. Sure was a giggly weekend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I bare my soul here and you want details from mile 1 to 26.2
    Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

jcsmum wrote: »
    I bare my soul here and you want details from mile 1 to 26.2
    Sigh
    I wanted full details of every person you passed and what they were wearing too :)
    You did brilliant in my eyes. You're my role model!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

I wanted full details of every person you passed and what they were wearing too :)
    You did brilliant in my eyes. You're my role model!!!! :)

By chance did anyone you passed have a pullover on - hear they are the rage according to the trendsetters :cool:

shazkea wrote: »
    By chance did anyone you passed have a pullover on - hear they are the rage according to the trendsetters :cool:
    It was a cashmere pullover :mad: not just a pullover :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You gave it your very best yesterday and got a pb in the process. I know you are disappointed but you should be extremely proud of your run and the fact you kept going despite the struggle. Congrats :D

Just had a brainwave with regard to not racing for a while....wait for it....PACING :). Cracking idea isn't it???

Btw the next time you meet Jesus, could you put in a good word for me to keep injury free for a while - I assume you already talked to him about the sub 3:45!

Nules10 wrote: »

Oh sorry course it was, great dry-wicking in that cashmere stuff :D

Oh sorry course it was, great dry-wicking in that cashmere stuff :D

I am going to pick up you and k one in the red for the next road trip :D

I am going to pick up you and k one in the red for the next road trip :D

Road trip :confused:...thought none of us were ever doing a race again ;). Red would be beautiful though!

Road trip :confused:...thought none of us were ever doing a race again ;). Red would be beautiful though!

Emmm I didn't mention the word race :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well done K. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Well done, nothing to be disappointed about at all. By the looks of you at the finish you gave it your all ;) and that's all you can ask for.

Nike have come on board with our new trend. We're going to be minted Nulsey.
    For the next marathon I'm going to have my own personal pacer....I mean you'd have to be loaded to afford a service like that right?!

Nike have come on board with our new trend. We're going to be minted Nulsey.
    For the next marathon I'm going to have my own personal pacer....I mean you'd have to be loaded to afford a service like that right?!

Yes you do. Did you not notice my running gear was cashmere. Only the best dahling.

You gave it your very best yesterday and got a pb in the process. I know you are disappointed but you should be extremely proud of your run and the fact you kept going despite the struggle. Congrats :D

Just had a brainwave with regard to not racing for a while....wait for it....PACING :). Cracking idea isn't it???

Btw the next time you meet Jesus, could you put in a good word for me to keep injury free for a while - I assume you already talked to him about the sub 3:45!

I don't think Jesus is talking to me anymore after I dumped him so close to the finish.

Emmm I didn't mention the word race :D

I like your thinking there C. Sure we could all come down to wexford for your half. Cashmere cheerleading outfits anyone?!

menoscemo wrote: »
    Well done, nothing to be disappointed about at all. By the looks of you at the finish you gave it your all ;) and that's all you can ask for.

The less said about that the better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Sounds like ye had a blast!

Congrats on ANOTHER marathon PB missus! You had better call off the racing for a bit so we can all (attempt to?) catch up :D

Cant help but notice your omission in the race report of the angels calling you from high above as you passed the hotel :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done K. Great running. Can't wait for the proper race report ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Well done K. Great running. Can't wait for the proper race report ;)

Well done K, a PB is a PB:)
    But I can fully understand why you're disappointed, 37 bloody seconds!
    We've all been there... And we all pick ourselves up and put the pressure on again.
    For now Rest well, 2 marathons so soon is tough on the body.
    You should be very, very proud of yourself:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Well done K, sounds like a very tough day out there. As I'm still nursing the mental wounds from Luxembourg, I feel your pain - heat is such a b*tch. All I can recommend is some chocolate (After Eights go down surprisingly easily) and repeated playing of "Never Forget" by Take That - it helps, honest ;) Oh and by the way, congrats on another pb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Congrat on another PB, thats fantastic work, two Marathon PB in 4 weeks....well done. The 3.45 is just teasing you at this stage, so rest up and relax and recover fully and you'll get it the next time....

Sounds like you girls had a great weekend and at the end of the day, thats what its all about, a bit of fun with the odd race thrown in!!:D
    Well done!

Cant help but notice your omission in the race report of the angels calling you from high above as you passed the hotel :D:D

I think that distraction cost me 37 seconds ;)

racheljev wrote: »
    Well done K, sounds like a very tough day out there. As I'm still nursing the mental wounds from Luxembourg, I feel your pain - heat is such a b*tch. All I can recommend is some chocolate (After Eights go down surprisingly easily) and repeated playing of "Never Forget" by Take That - it helps, honest ;) Oh and by the way, congrats on another pb :)

Great minds Rachel, Hubby bought me a box of after eights yesterday. I'm more partial to after 8 mint sticks myself.
    The girls and I thought of you running in the lux heat alright. Not easy.

Younganne wrote: »
    Congrat on another PB, thats fantastic work, two Marathon PB in 4 weeks....well done. The 3.45 is just teasing you at this stage, so rest up and relax and recover fully and you'll get it the next time....

Sounds like you girls had a great weekend and at the end of the day, thats what its all about, a bit of fun with the odd race thrown in!!:D
    Well done!

You said it Anne, its all about the fun! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

We (myself included) get a little nuts about beating times. You done 2 marathon pbs in 4 weeks, that's pretty amazing. Enjoy the recovery and I'm sure you'll be planning another one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

DigiJem wrote: »
    We (myself included) get a little nuts about beating times. You done 2 marathon pbs in 4 weeks, that's pretty amazing. Enjoy the recovery and I'm sure you'll be planning another one soon.

Agreed

Not only was it two marathons, you had two London qualifiers in a month. I am along with many many other, most unlikely to ever do that once. Impressive stuff. There is no doubt you will go faster on your next marathon, and I'd hazard a guess it'll be a lot more than 37 seconds!

Congrats on the PB. And kudos to the jelly legs for covering the last mile faster than most people can walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Congrats on yet another pb jcsmum, you should be well proud of running 2 brilliant times in just one month, very impressive running. I'd kill for love one of those times! Any chance of you pacing me on the 30th June ;):D

Enjoy the recovery, and looking forward to London (and God know how many more marathons inbetween) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done again Missus! Seriously - two marathon PB's in four weeks... you continue to amaze. :)

Have you been out to test the legs at all since?

What's next on the plan?

Advertisement