Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

claralara wrote: »
    Well done again Missus! Seriously - two marathon PB's in four weeks... you continue to amaze. :)

Have you been out to test the legs at all since?

What's next on the plan?

Thanks O, the legs worked fine today, their first day back.
    Dublin next big test, not sure what else I'll do over the summer. No plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jcsmum wrote: »

Have you signed up for the Conn Ultra yet? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Have you signed up for the Conn Ultra yet? :)

Haha! It won’t be long…

That sounds good. Don’t go signing up for any more marathons before then though. You need to recover and then go again. A couple of shorter races between now and then could be good fun and a nice change in training :)

claralara wrote: »
    That sounds good. Don’t go signing up for any more marathons before then though. You need to recover and then go again. A couple of shorter races between now and then could be good fun and a nice change in training :)

Did you hear she's not running Dunshaughlin???:eek:

Did you hear she's not running Dunshaughlin???:eek:

No way. Why not? Dunshaughlin will be an ideal shorter for race for you K – what with being just off the back of marathon training and in lower mileage recovery mode… At least I hope you’re in lower mileage recovery mode?!

• Advertisement

Where's de feckin Race Report????:cool:

Are you still talking about Cork ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

And pictures?

And pictures?

Don't you start! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

And pictures?

+1 i want to see them too ;)

• Advertisement

I've been ticking away since Cork. Thankfully, yet again I recovered very well and was back out running after a few days.

Had entered the parkwest 10k before I signed up for Cork so went along today and figured I'd just go for it. My PB is 48:30 (ish, can't remember the seconds). I felt for me it was pretty soft, so I knew I could better it but was dying to go sub 45.

Met up with Ro at the race, who got a new PB - well done missus!

A pretty flat course, a few inclines, maybe 3 but luckily in the first half of the race. I started off way too quickly (again!) so had to rein myself in. Got a steady pace going around the 7:30 mark. The first 4k were in and around the industrial estate which was grand as I hate long straight stretches in races. The field was small enough so I didn't have to contend with any people dodging, plus it meant very little overtaking (I'm happy to say :cool:)

Passed the 5k mark at 22 mins so all was well. I just kept plodding away. Legs felt grand, breathing was a bit laboured but then again so was everyone else's around me. There were 2km along the canal, a straight stretch which funnily didn't bother me. Even though physically everything was okay, the brain can't seem to believe that the legs are doing okay and then the questions start 'am I going too fast, will I pay for this later'. I really need to work on being a bit more positive.

At the end of the canal, around the corner and I'm approaching the 9km mark. I'm on some guy's shoulder (not literally :D) but there's no way he's letting me pass him. It was good though to have that bit of a competitive edge to keep me plugging away. When we turned into the building where the registration was, I was dismayed not to see the finish line. I was expecting it to be right there. Nope, we had to go up a ramp and around a corner to get to that 'oasis'. My garmin read 44:09 so am absolutely delighted.

Unfortunately the course was short 9.85km which is really unacceptable. For me it doesn't take away a PB or my sub 45 attempt, but I would be raging if I was just seconds from my goal time. Not good enough! :(

Apart from that :rolleyes: everything else about the race was great. Registration was super fast, lots of parking, post race massage on offer. Plus I paid €15. It would have been nice if we got water bottle at the half way stage, I'd have taken that over the medal.

Nules10 wrote: »

Peer pressure :)

Well done on completely smashing your 10k PB by the way. I'm beginning to think you really are superwoman :D

Nules10 wrote: »

They're on FB. You can get the link over in the events thread. You better look at them quick before Vogue snaps them up :cool::rolleyes:

Well done K. Super running as usual missus :)

Well done on completely smashing your 10k PB by the way. I'm beginning to think you really are superwoman :D

I've done my race report, now get over to your log and put up your report.
    Now THAT'S peer pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

well done, theres no stopping you, your flying!!!!

They're on FB. You can get the link over in the events thread. You better look at them quick before Vogue snaps them up :cool::rolleyes:

Oh not those ones i was talking about the cork ones ;)

The distance was a quarter that of Cork yet the Race report was just as long :rolleyes:

Congrats again on the pb! ;)

I've done my race report, now get over to your log and put up your report.
    Now THAT'S peer pressure

No way hozay. I'm convinced I'll get injured again if I start that bad boy up again!

Ro, I give you permission to use my log for your report. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Another race, another pb :D Brilliant running!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Smashing time there K, congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Smashing race report K, don't mind the critics ;)

Well done on the PB again. Great to see the recovery is going well

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well done K, savage running :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Great running K. Are you doing Dunshaughlin or whats next?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Great running K. Are you doing Dunshaughlin or whats next?

Not sure P, there wouldn't be any pressure on me now which is nice. I'll see, I change my mind a lot which of course is a woman's perogative.
    You going?

Great racing yesterday! I knew you had a PB in those post marathon legs. Very well deserved :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Not sure P, there wouldn't be any pressure on me now which is nice. I'll see, I change my mind a lot which of course is a woman's perogative.
    You going?

Not sure either to be honest. Would like to do it having heard all the great comments about it. Need to get back racing as well so hoping to be able to make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

A new PB and no need for a wheelchair this time :D Well Done :)

• Advertisement

digger2d2 wrote: »
    A new PB and no need for a wheelchair this time :D Well Done :)

Hey I just need a wheelchair after marathons ;)

I will refrain from making 'old person' jokes.

Advertisement