Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

If you're sensitive about being OAPed, don't ever run a BHAA race :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, it's still frustrating getting nipper'd in the last 100m of a 5k :pac:

Meno got OAP'd :D

Yeah, I think digger 'might' have mentioned that on Saturday night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jcsmum wrote: »

He'll be mentioning it for a while I'd say but a savage result for him to be fair.

He'll be mentioning it for a while I'd say but a savage result for him to be fair.

For sure

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

RayCun wrote: »
    If you're sensitive about being OAPed, don't ever run a BHAA race :pac:

There are pics of me about 3 years ago kicking away from the M70 winner in a BHAA 10k... I was 25

• Advertisement

Race report???

Race report???

Seriously!?!?
    Maybe tomorrow..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Race report???

Where's yours Slow?

Not much of a report I'm afraid, another below par performance from me. Garmin time 22'18, chip time 22'25.
    Could think of 101 excuses but that's really not helping anyone.
    Running Clontarf on Saturday, definitely not racing (yes I'm looking at you Nules). Hoping to race the killarney half the following weekend.

Anyway, no more 5ks for a while. Definitely.

Up early this morning, 5 miles at 9 min pace. Felt surprisingly good.

You really need to do some interval training - 400s, 800s, 1000s, even 1600s - if you're going to improve at these shorter races. The only time you run this fast is in a race and you're not used to it. You should be running faster regularly.

(They're easier to do in a club, of course. If only there was one handy to you in Knocklyon...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Well done k, don't think that was an easy course. Enjoy a relaxed run in Clontarf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Nice report K :rolleyes: I think your being a bit hard on yourself. You've had a lot of tough races recently and as Ray says you should definitly look at joining a club even just to do a session once a week with them.

shazkea wrote: »
    Where's yours Slow?

It's Mr. Slow :cool: and I've no idea what you're talking about :)

(They're easier to do in a club, of course. If only there was one handy to you in Knocklyon...)

Ray, she's being head-hunted at the moment so you need to up the offer for Knocklyon :)

+1 on what the guys are saying (and this applies to you too Ro - seen as it's your log also). It was a tough course and you have a few races in your legs at the moment so stop being so hard on yourselves. I thought you did great so well done :D

Ray, she's being head-hunted at the moment so you need to up the offer for Knocklyon :)

:pac:
    We have club t-shirts as well as club singlets, if that helps? A junior section, that coaches kids in sprints, throws, jumps? Training sessions (Tuesday and Thursday at 7pm, long run group Saturday am, 10k group Sunday am) are probably easier to get to than those of other clubs.

But even a lesser club will improve your running, you should join someone. It's just that we're the best :D

I really do want to join. Getting to the 7pm sessions is my issue. Unless anyone is offering to babysit a 3 year old.

And by the way, I turned down that other club, their strip is rubbish :)

:eek::eek: Now that you are being head hunted all offers and refusals need to go through your sports agent (aka me! Its a step up from being PA to Nulsey).

Ray, can you expand further please on the offer i.e. what's in the brown envelope for the sports agent :D.
    Ro, I expect you to counter-offer also :)

:eek::eek: Now that you are being head hunted all offers and refusals need to go through your sports agent (aka me! Its a step up from being PA to Nulsey).

Ray, can you expand further please on the offer i.e. what's in the brown envelope for the sports agent :D.
    Ro, I expect you to counter-offer also :)

As my sports agent, I must insist that you not wear those new runners to meetings. I have my image to think about.

As my sports agent, I must insist that you not wear those new runners to meetings. I have my image to think about.
    :D:D It's a marketing ploy to get you noticed - see it's working already. BTW we never did discuss my commission!

Ray, can you expand further please on the offer

A green and gold club strip :)

• Advertisement

Ray, can you expand further please on the offer

A green and gold club strip :)

Sold :)

Shaz, you're fired, don't need you any more

Sold :)

Shaz, you're fired, don't need you any more

:eek::eek: shocking, just no loyalty in today's world. Will have to go back to the day job so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Exsqeeze me?!!? She is head hunted by one of the top ladies coaches in the country and all she can do is slag the tailor fitted figure hugging ensemble we wear.
    RQ...where are you? I need you to help out here.

K...do you feel like pacing me for a 3 hour half this wkd?

When going through the thumbnail pics on flickr its impossible to make anything out....except Shaz's runners!

When going through the thumbnail pics on flickr its impossible to make anything out....except Shaz's runners!

You could see them things from space.

K...do you feel like pacing me for a 3 hour half this wkd?

I'm am idiot. Turns out the killarney half is full, has been for days. Am on a wait list.
    Was undecided about doing it for ages and now that its full I WANT to.
    I could have sworn the online registration was open on the site yesterday. Oh well.
    :(

Still not racing Clontarf tho.
    3 hours it is, Ro ;)

You could see them things from space.

As opposed to these....

T216N_4785.png?1340099349

I'm am idiot. Turns out the killarney half is full, has been for days. Am on a wait list.
    Was undecided about doing it for ages and now that its full I WANT to.
    I could have sworn the online registration was open on the site yesterday. Oh well.
    :(

Still not racing Clontarf tho.
    3 hours it is, Ro ;)

If you hadn't fired me as your Sports Agent, I'm sure I could have pulled a few strings. Ah well too late now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Great to meet you (&Ro is she still using this log and not her own) last night.

ye have being doing great running recently and you both obviously love racing..well done.
    C you again soon

• Advertisement

Oh no K!! Disaster. You might be as well turning up on the day just incase?! They are bound to have some no-shows and might let you pay there and then.

Advertisement