Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Is there no race that you haven't done in the last couple of months? Ye're mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

chinguetti wrote: »

The bagdad 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Gaelforce North

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

K do you charge much rent for use of your log or have they got squatters rights at this stage?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    K do you charge much rent for use of your log or have they got squatters rights at this stage?

Excuse me...get off this log right now.
    K....can you please up the security on our log

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Seeing as you won't be racing on Saturday we'll see you down at Donore. 10am sharp.

Do as you're told woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

jcsmum wrote: »
    A sub 3'45 marathon, take 2. Another day when it was not to be, chip time 3'45'36. A PB by around a minute, so judging by that I should get the sub 3'45 next go! :)

Everything went to plan until my legs saw the 25 mile marker and then they turned to jelly. The garmin read 3'33 at that stage, I was so close.....and yet so far.

Huge thanks to C for pacing me even if I dropped you at mile 22, I was afraid to look back for you as I knew the pacers were right behind me. Never conceived that you could possibly be struggling. (It's all about me). I appreciated all the support on the day. It wouldn't have been half as enjoyable on my own.

Thanks to my backroom staff, my chauffeur Shaz, my sunscreen applier nules and physical therapist/nurse Ro. Had a great giggly girlie weekend.

I'm not sure where I go now. I'm considering not racing for a while and just training away for dcm. I think I need to take a step back from chasing times, keeping the log and putting pressure on myself.

I love running and if the last mile yesterday had gone like the previous 25 then maybe my sentiments might be totally different. Maybe it was the heat, running so soon after Limerick, needing additional sugar during the race, who knows. I'm very disappointed at missing out on my goal time but I know that I will get there.

Ahem.... I guess it's a woman's perogative to change her mind?!!:D

Great effort again. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

shazkea wrote: »
    :eek::eek: Now that you are being head hunted all offers and refusals need to go through your sports agent (aka me! Its a step up from being PA to Nulsey).

Ray, can you expand further please on the offer i.e. what's in the brown envelope for the sports agent :D.
    Ro, I expect you to counter-offer also :)

Hey :mad: thats just mean. I knew my ears were burning over the last few days. i go off to do a bit of work and all sorts is happening on K's log.... sooo not like this log. This is a serious running log you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Best of luck "not racing" tomorrow ;) Looking forward to the report :)

Not racing myself tomorrow. Sure it ain't my log (its everyone's) but i'll update on my adventures in running later. :)

• Advertisement

Not racing myself tomorrow. Sure it ain't my log (its everyone's) but i'll update on my adventures in running later. :)

Why don't you post on Shaz's log, your new BFF.....
    (No sour grapes here ;) )

Ahem.... I guess it's a woman's perogative to change her mind?!!:D

Great effort again. Well done

Indeed it is :)

I would have done you proud in the midlands. Hope Shaz doesnt blind you with her trainers

K and Ro, the draw was done by a cat who is beyond reproach and is affronted at such a suggestion by either of you. He said 'Mieow' when i told him what you said earlier while moving his claw in a panto type action.:p

As for the brightly coloured runners, i always wear shades while running so i'll be fine. I'll bring my MIB glasses for the Midlands:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Good luck today Jcsmum & RO, the weather is nice here in Meath, hope the wind stays out to sea for ye...enjoy!!!

Clontarf half
    As I got a free entry for this and as my legs were in no form for another race, was happy out to do this one as a long run with my sidekick.
    Beautiful morning, could conditions be any better? We decided to tag along at the back of the first wave and just fall into a comfortable pace and hopefully stick with that.

We finished in 1'54'28, chip time.

I must say I loved this, every bit of it. I've never just run a race before and it was great. I enjoyed the scenery, the crowds, other runners.
    Last year I ran Clontarf in 1'52 and I found it very tough going. Very tough.
    It was lovely to enjoy it this time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

I would have done you proud in the midlands. Hope Shaz doesnt blind you with her trainers

The cat says it better than I can ;)

funny-pictures-you-are-jealous-of-tails.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Clontarf half
    As I got a free entry for this and as my legs were in no form for another race, was happy out to do this one as a long run with my sidekick.
    Beautiful morning, could conditions be any better? We decided to tag along at the back of the first wave and just fall into a comfortable pace and hopefully stick with that.

We finished in 1'54'28, chip time.

I must say I loved this, every bit of it. I've never just run a race before and it was great. I enjoyed the scenery, the crowds, other runners.

Well done K & Ro. This was exactly how I felt after the Conn half, lovely to be able to just enjoy a race and not worry about time etc.

Thanks so much K for being my motivator today. Dont know what the plan was really. Looking at the splits it seemed to fall apart for me at mile 10. I'm hoping thats the effects of the over-racing. Only for you I'd have stopped to fly kites on the beach :). I'm oficially in racing retirement now!

I'm oficially in racing retirement now!

We're looking for a team for Kinnegad for Wednesday. You're a club girl now, you'll do what you're told.

• Advertisement

I'm oficially in racing retirement now!

We're looking for a team for Kinnegad for Wednesday. You're a club girl now, you'll do what you're told.

Ha ha Ro......just when you thought you could escape!!!!
    SHe'll be there M!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

Well done ladies, great running! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Nice run today K, and well done to your log lodger too - good run Ro

DigiJem wrote: »
    Nice run today K, and well done to your log lodger too - good run Ro

Well done DJ, theres wasnt a bead of sweat on your forehead when you whizzed by us. Till we meet again :)

Remember when you were younger and you put the useless kid in goals....well that would be the only position I'd be taking on a DH team event :)

Remember when you were younger and you put the useless kid in goals....well that would be the only position I'd be taking on a DH team event :)

The teams I was on we played last man back. :p

The teams I was on we played last man back. :p

I'm really good at that game! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Well done today girlies, sounds like you enjoyed the run, thats required every now and again to keep it all going...great time too for not racing:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Sounds like you'd enjoy pacing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Well done K and Ro.:)

Advertisement