Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

mrslow wrote: »
    I envy you!:mad:

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Can't wait to see you destroy 4 hours in Cork! Knew you couldn't resist it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jcsmum wrote: »
    Why?

The buzz of the race, looking forward to it, the excitement! I know there's nothing stopping me doing it too but I have to keep up the speedwork - I'm not having Ray beat me in Dunshaughlin.:mad:

I'll just experience it vicariously through you!:D

Can't wait to see you destroy 4 hours in Cork! Knew you couldn't resist it :D

You first.... :)

The buzz of the race, looking forward to it, the excitement! I know there's nothing stopping me doing it too but I have to keep up the speedwork - I'm not having Ray beat me in Dunshaughlin.:mad:

I'll just experience it vicariously through you!:D

Are you saving yourself for DCM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You first.... :)

We'll see :pac:

Are you saving yourself for DCM?

The plan is to run fast for the first half of the year building to quick half times, then start training for DCM in June following the P&D 55 mile program. After DCM I'll be looking internationally, love the idea of travelling abroad to the likes of Rome/Athens to race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

The plan is to run fast for the first half of the year building to quick half times, then start training for DCM in June following the P&D 55 mile program. After DCM I'll be looking internationally, love the idea of travelling abroad to the likes of Rome/Athens to race.

Do you fancy yourself running the Olympic Flame Relay to light the Torch too?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

this your training plan?
    bike2.jpg

claralara wrote: »
    Do you fancy yourself running the Olympic Flame Relay to light the Torch too?!

Watch this space ;)
    RayCun wrote: »
    this your training plan?
    bike2.jpg

Pride before a fall chief!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

So after a lot of careful consideration :rolleyes: I have signed up to do the Cork City Marathon. Hotel also booked, so there's no going back now.

My aim (which is there for the taking) is a sub 4. My mileage is pretty good each week, I'd say I'm averaging 25-30 miles at the moment, so I'm starting out with a pretty solid base as opposed to jumping into a training plan for DCM last year.

Am all excited again.......... :D

Excellent, best of luck with the training and you know I really jealous right now :D

shazkea wrote: »
    Excellent, best of luck with the training and you know I really jealous right now :D

Why are you jealous, you're off to Barcelona?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Good for you...Best of luck with the training and no doubt a sub 4 in Cork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Sub 4 will be no problem for you, I think you are being conservative with that time :D

RubyK wrote: »
    Sub 4 will be no problem for you, I think you are being conservative with that time :D

You're too kind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

You're too kind ;)

Only calling it as I see it :D

Was away for the weekend so was running in unknown territory on Saturday. Had planned on 8-10 miles, but the route I took was so hilly, only managed to do 6. When I say 'hills', I mean mini Mount Everests! Talk about inclines and steep descents. It was tough but managed to do a few hill repeats towards the end when I was nearing the end.

Sunday, headed out to do 8 miles. It started off terribly, garmin lost power at mile 1, legs lost power at mile 2. My shins were aching and felt like 2 lumps of lead... I stopped to stretch and that hurt. Obviously the aftermath of those hills yesterday. So I resigned myself to walking the 2.5miles home. After a few minutes the pain stopped and I started up again. Not sure what happened but I was able to run again :D Happy days. Managed the 8 miles, not sure of time or pace though, but after that start I really don't care.

Definite rest day today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

You really don't have much luck with that Garmin of yours! Enjoy the rest day!

digger2d2 wrote: »
    You really don't have much luck with that Garmin of yours! Enjoy the rest day!

My own fault, I forgot to charge it. :rolleyes:

10 miles in 1:37, pace of 9.45.

Again, started off slow, sluggish and achey. Ran through it though and after 4 miles, my legs were good to go. I think I'm still recovering from those hills at the weekend.
    I have a new pair of runners on the way from Start Fitness, so hopefully they will give me some 'spring in my step'. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

10 miles in 1:37, pace of 9.45.

Again, started off slow, sluggish and achey. Ran through it though and after 4 miles, my legs were good to go. I think I'm still recovering from those hills at the weekend.
    I have a new pair of runners on the way from Start Fitness, so hopefully they will give me some 'spring in my step'. :)

Are you road running much or going to Marlay or Tymon?

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Are you road running much or going to Marlay or Tymon?

All road running I'm afraid. Some weekends, I do run from my house over to marlay (3 miles) a lap or 2 of Marlay and then home. I mostly run evenings during the week (after 7.30pm) so all roads then.

Driving to work this morning, saw 2 people running. I was never so jealous...... :(

My new mizuno wave inspires have just arrived. I really want to put them on and jog around the office. :D:cool:

Driving to work this morning, saw 2 people running. I was never so jealous...... :(

God I get that so much. People being jealous of me I mean. The early morning runs, the good looks...neverending really. :rolleyes:
    My new mizuno wave inspires have just arrived. I really want to put them on and jog around the office. :D:cool:

I don't think I could do anything that would surprise my colleagues at the minute...:pac:

God I get that so much. People being jealous of me I mean. The early morning runs, the good looks...neverending really. :rolleyes:

:D

I don't think I could do anything that would surprise my colleagues at the minute...:pac:

Ah please tell me you change out of your running gear when you get to work. ;)

:D

Ah please tell me you change out of your running gear when you get to work??!?!! ;)

That's the drivers, yes?

I don't doubt that!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

All road running I'm afraid. Some weekends, I do run from my house over to marlay (3 miles) a lap or 2 of Marlay and then home. I mostly run evenings during the week (after 7.30pm) so all roads then.

The mean streets of Knocklyon are pretty boring for running around though!
    I much prefer either Tymon or Marlay- scenery and lack of traffic are much better
    On a day off tomorrow so will probably go to one or other and do 10km, still gradually increasing

Ah please tell me you change out of your running gear when you get to work??!?!! ;)

Huh?! :confused: But then people wouldn't know I was a hardcore athlete in training!! :D

• Advertisement

Only had time for a quick dash yesterday, 3 miles in 26:25 pace of 8:50

Am heading to Lanzarote tomorrow, so might squeeze in a run this evening or tomorrow morning. Am so looking forward to running in sunny weather... :cool:

Advertisement