Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Up to 16.5 LSR, great going jcsmum! Well done on joining up with the club :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

RayCun wrote: »
    What did you do?

30 mins running and then 4x200

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Congrats on the 1000m mark!! Great running!...you'll enjoy the speed sessions, tempos, intervals etc...they add great variety to the training and make it less boring:D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

jcsmum wrote: »
    30 mins running and then 4x200

Thats a warm up in DH

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Thats a warm up in DH

Worst part is she's not even joking.

oh how I miss Tuesdays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I think K must have trained with the couch 2 5k group :)

I think K must have trained with the couch 2 5k group :)

Meow! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Claiming squatters rights on this log :P

Consider this resurrected....

Well seeing at some people ;) are closing down their logs, I better keep this one alive. Can't remember any specifics about most of last weeks runs, but managed 46 miles so :)

Enjoyed the 17 Lsr on Sat. I enjoyed the challenge of the first 7 with the lads and then the more relaxed 10 with the ladies. (Nules, you were missed)

8 early morning miles on Monday. 7.5 on Tue, including 5 down at the club session. Tough speed session. Happy Ray? ;)

Didn't get out until after nine last night, so short and 'sweet', 4 at 7'47 pace. Hope I won't pay for it at tonight's session.

shazkea wrote: »

And who do you think you are?! This is a private log...please leave.

• Advertisement

shazkea wrote: »

I'm going to have to start charging.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Was nice of you to turn up to training last night.

Just over a mile down to the club session, warm up there followed by 8x800. I'm still unsure of my speed ability and also of distance so I tend to hold back a bit until the last few sets. They were grand though. Am so not used to running on grass either.Cool down with group and jog back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

You're right to hold back a little on training sessions. Until recently you've done a lot of runs at easy pace, or a little faster, with occasional races. Now you are running faster twice a week. If you are used to only running fast in races, you can get sucked into running these training sessions at race effort. Do that twice a week and you'll be wrecked soon enough.
    At the end of the training you should be tired, and know that you've worked hard, but still be able to go out for another 800 at the same pace if you had to.

You're right to hold back a little on training sessions. Until recently you've done a lot of runs at easy pace, or a little faster, with occasional races. Now you are running faster twice a week. If you are used to only running fast in races, you can get sucked into running these training sessions at race effort. Do that twice a week and you'll be wrecked soon enough.
    At the end of the training you should be tired, and know that you've worked hard, but still be able to go out for another 800 at the same pace if you had to.

Thanks for that Ray. That's how I did feel, tired but able to go again. I have been running most of my runs at a slightly faster pace for the last new months too.

20 miles this morning 9'26 pace. This run was pretty awful, especially from mile 12. The legs were dead (probably not used to those speed sessions!) I got a stitch in both sides that lasted a few miles. It was just not comfortable at all.
    A few weeks ago I did a 16 mile Lsr at 8.30 pace. Today one mile at that pace would have floored me.
    But on the upside, I finished it. Done and dusted. Thanks to digigem and the boy wonder for the company. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good stuff today K, next one will be better :pac:

Well done on the 20. Remember you've the club sessions in your legs this week. I found the two tough going as you know. On DJs advice I ordered recovery leggings. Wore them today and legs feel great. Do you have a pair??

Well done on the 20. Remember you've the club sessions in your legs this week. I found the two tough going as you know. On DJs advice I ordered recovery leggings. Wore them today and legs feel great. Do you have a pair??

Recovery leggings you say??? Must add them to my shopping list.

8 recovery miles this morning. Was a tad worried about heading out as yesterday's performance was not pretty, but glad to say legs were grand. Managed a 9.09 pace.

• Advertisement

Hill session with the club yesterday. Lost track of how many we did. Worked hard but more in me. Am I a bit of a weirdo to say that I kinda enjoyed this.

The legs survived the hill reps so a fairly quick run was the order of the day today. 3 miles to marlay, 2 loops of 2 miles then home. 10 miles just under 8 minute mile pace. This was quicker than my race effort in Mallow!

Hill session with the club yesterday. Lost track of how many we did. Worked hard but more in me. Am I a bit of a weirdo to say that I kinda enjoyed this.

The legs survived the hill reps so a fairly quick run was the order of the day today. 3 miles to marlay, 2 loops of 2 miles then home. 10 miles just under 8 minute mile pace. This was quicker than my race effort in Mallow!

Woo hoo sounds great. You must be in the best shape ever at the minute. And thats only after a week of club sessions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done recently missus. You're going great. There are a couple of runs there that stink of marathon training…have I missed something in my recent absence and sporadic boards-ing?! ;)

claralara wrote: »
    Well done recently missus. You're going great. There are a couple of runs there that stink of marathon training…have I missed something in my recent absence and sporadic boards-ing?! ;)

No conspiracy at all, just a bit ahead of schedule for Dublin :)
    Okay, a lot ahead!

Easy enough club session on Thursday as there was a small turn out and most of those were running a club 5k the next evening.

16 mile Lsr yesterday. Was not looking forward to this for lots of reasons. I couldn't run til the afternoon so it would be a solo run, in the heat. I had some sunburn from Friday and Friday night involved rich food, wine and heels :)
    Plus a disappointing 20 miler last weekend was still on the mind as I set off around the PP. Funnily enough this turned out to be a great run. The first few miles down Chesterfield ave and the north rd were about 8.40 pace and the legs felt a bit tight. Then everything fell into place and I was bounding along into castleknock village, a lap of farmleigh and around the s bends. Back to the car at 12 miles for a drink and the last 4 were done before I knew it. Had to circle the car park a few times, running past the ice cream van. It would have been rude not to have a self congratulatory 99 with strawberry syrup!!
    The pace for the 16 miles was 8.30, so happy days again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Nice pace, well done, you earned that 99!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Easy enough club session on Thursday as there was a small turn out and most of those were running a club 5k the next evening.

16 mile Lsr yesterday. Was not looking forward to this for lots of reasons. I couldn't run til the afternoon so it would be a solo run, in the heat. I had some sunburn from Friday and Friday night involved rich food, wine and heels :)
    Plus a disappointing 20 miler last weekend was still on the mind as I set off around the PP. Funnily enough this turned out to be a great run. The first few miles down Chesterfield ave and the north rd were about 8.40 pace and the legs felt a bit tight. Then everything fell into place and I was bounding along into castleknock village, a lap of farmleigh and around the s bends. Back to the car at 12 miles for a drink and the last 4 were done before I knew it. Had to circle the car park a few times, running past the ice cream van. It would have been rude not to have a self congratulatory 99 with strawberry syrup!!

Racing to get back for the Icecream I'd say!:D

Thats an awesome pace for 16 miles. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

Well done on the run and a great pace. Bit disappointed on the nutrition aspect tho, a 99 with strawberry syrup as a recovery option..shocking really :eek:. Although I'm sure you needed it to recover from all the white wine on Friday night ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

If you're getting ice cream after a run it has to have two flakes, have I taught you nothing? :rolleyes:

Advertisement