Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Mr Slow wrote: »
    If you're getting ice cream after a run it has to have two flakes, have I taught you nothing? :rolleyes:

Who said it didn't ;)
    Welcome back 'boss'.

Down in the kingdom again this week which involves more running around football pitches, so I tend to do more speedwork and less mileage.

Lsr today of 18 miles, pace 8.40. Nothing to report really, it was grand. Am not liking these solo Lsr though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jcsmum wrote: »
    Down in the kingdom again this week which involves more running around football pitches, so I tend to do more speedwork and less mileage.

Lsr today of 18 miles, pace 8.40. Nothing to report really, it was grand. Am not liking these solo Lsr though :(

Nice pace there boss, sub 3:30 for DCM? :)

Nice pace there boss, sub 3:30 for DCM? :)

You know what I wrote on your log about you getting sense.....I take it back!

You're running your LSR's 10 secs slower than race pace then? :pac:

• Advertisement

You're running your LSR's 10 secs slower than race pace then? :pac:

Yeah so, I don't follow a plan I do what I like. ;)
    A woman's perogative....

A woman's perogative....

Just consider this, you can run 20 now at 8:40 on your own, you ran 3:45 3 weeks after running Limerick, you've just started speed work, you have 2.5 months left to DCM.

Do the math! :cool:

A woman's perogative....

Just consider this, you can run 20 now at 8:40 on your own, you ran 3:45 3 weeks after running Limerick, you've just started speed work, you have 2.5 months left to DCM.

= I am amazing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done on the 18 birthday girl!!!

Well done on the 18 birthday girl!!!

Not bad for an 'aul one'!! :)

• Advertisement

See if you were on Facebook we'd know!!!

Congrats on the F40, you should start seeing some prizes now :D

See if you were on Facebook we'd know!!!

Congrats on the F40, you should start seeing some prizes now :D

Cheek :(

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Well done on the LSR again. To be fair Mr Slow has point.
    I know you don't like the pressure, none of us do, but you'll cruise 3.45 if your training continues as it it's currently going. You're flying it.
    It is hard to get you're heaad around trying to hold the pace for that length when not so long back, the pace was uncomfortable or a test over shorter distances. I've been there and still find it a challenge
    P&D has a couple of runs over the next few weeks that combine LSR with PMP. One is an 18 miler with 14 at MP, or 20 miles with 12 @ PMP. You could try one of these with the PMP @ 8.00 minute miles and just see how it goes. If it it doesn't go well, you've lost nothing, you have a tough session under your belt and you learn more about where you are. And if it goes well then great.

Well done on the LSR again. To be fair Mr Slow has point.
    I know you don't like the pressure, none of us do, but you'll cruise 3.45 if your training continues as it it's currently going. You're flying it.
    It is hard to get you're heaad around trying to hold the pace for that length when not so long back, the pace was uncomfortable or a test over shorter distances. I've been there and still find it a challenge
    P&D has a couple of runs over the next few weeks that combine LSR with PMP. One is an 18 miler with 14 at MP, or 20 miles with 12 @ PMP. You could try one of these with the PMP @ 8.00 minute miles and just see how it goes. If it it doesn't go well, you've lost nothing, you have a tough session under your belt and you learn more about where you are. And if it goes well then great.

Agreed, although the 16 with 10 is a better 'toe in the water' workout. 6 mile warm up and 10 at pace.

Do it :cool:

You're 'the boss' ;)

You're 'the boss' ;)

That's Shaz! :)

You're 'the boss' ;)

I never got the memo, I thought she was the road trip organiser/coercer

See what you're missing on Facebook! :P

See what you're missing on Facebook! :P

Stalkers??

Stalkers??

Among many other positive things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

You're a wise man Slow

:eek:...gratitude I ask you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great pace over 18 miles jcsmum, you look to be in fantastic form for Dublin. Keep up the great work :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Enjoy the pacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Congrats on your successful first pacing outing - for a while there, I thought we'd finish with no pacees, such was the attrition rate:)

Well done, and good luck with the half and full.

Izoard wrote: »
    Congrats on your successful first pacing outing - for a while there, I thought we'd finish with no pacees, such was the attrition rate:)

Well done, and good luck with the half and full.

Thanks F, really enjoyed the experience. Yeah pity we didn't have more followers alright. Next time.....

Thanks F, really enjoyed the experience. Yeah pity we didn't have more followers alright. Next time.....

It's better to finish with a few bodies but rest assured you helped someone hit a time today that they wouldn't have without you!

Enjoy the pacing.

Ahem, and where were you missus?

Should update this a little bit I guess.

Sunday was my debut pacing gig in Oylegate. Headed down with two of the most enthusiastic runners ever :rolleyes:. After about an hour of yawning in the car, they saw me off at 10am with my little yellow 2hr pacing balloon. I was in good company with Izoard and off we set originally with about 10 people. The field was small so we felt we would be happy if we had even a couple of people at the end. The weather was beautiful as was the scenery. I must say I was really enjoying myself, it's so nice to look around in a race and just take it all in. I was so rigid checking my garmin and my pace band... talk about being a control freak! We had no clue of the route but we knew there was a hill at mile 8. I think that the hill actually started at mile 7 and seemed to continue to mile 8! There were little inclines dotted all along the course, I'm not sure I'd like to race this one :)
    We had heard that the course was 13.2miles so we decided better safe than sorry and to have some time in the bag should we need it. By the end we had 3 people in the group. One of the guys took off in the last quarter of a mile to get a PB. I ran to the finish line with another lady and Iozard had another pacee. I felt so bad for the people we had to leave behind, having been left for dead by pacing balloons a few times myself but was glad that the few people we brought in under the 2hrs were delighted with themselves.
    Lovely atmosphere down there, nice grub afterwards. Met up with my co-passengers who were sunbathing by the finish line. They had both run the 10k. A giant 99 at the local gala was well and truly deserved.

Would definitely love to pace again.

Monday
    4.5 miles, 7.53 pace

Tuesday
    Hill session with the club. Over 6 miles covered. Kept with the second group for this one. This was my first hill session at this location and while it was tough going I felt good afterwards. I managed all the reps and we ran back to the club HQ with a brisk 7.30 mile. I find that I am pushing myself at the club and feeling really positive after each session.
    The kids training also started on Tuesday, so I brought along the little man with me. Talk about enthusiatic :D

Wed
    Had a bit of time in the morning, so headed over to Marlay (3 miles), 2 laps there (4 miles) and then 3 home. It was very windy, so this was tough. Thankfully I kept the pace up although I was near a heart attack by the time I got to my front door. 10 miles, pace 8.19

Thursday
    Club session again, 7 ish miles covered.
    We did the Firhouse 10k race loops. I hate this loop. I fell in beside another lady as we would be of similar pace. We just seemed to be bombing along. I had no garmin so not sure of pace, but it was great. Good session.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Are you running with Ingrid? She's thinking of doing DCM this year, you'll have to pass on all your tips

Advertisement