Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Well done again K, I know I can speak for Mr C when I say that we still felt a part of the whole thing watching and supporting our friends. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Woo Hoo:D
    Fantastic race report and a very, very well deserved PB. Well done you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Whats next?! :pac:

I'm washing my hair for the forseeable future :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Lovely report K, well done again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Well done again K, I know I can speak for Mr C when I say that we still felt a part of the whole thing watching and supporting our friends. :)

Yep, tis nice to be part of it without having the pain involved that was on some people's faces. However, you were just too happy passing us at 40kms with the waving like a windmill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Fantastic running jcsmum, that was some pb! Delighted for you, it was well deserved :) Hope the recovery is going well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Thrilled for you K. Great running altogether. Must meet up for a long run before Clonakilty.

Not a lot to report since DCM to be honest, but too many people (not mentioning any names) have left the cobwebs and tumbleweeds take over their logs at this stage....

Back training at the club last night. There were about 4 training options for the group. I opted for the hill sessions in the first group lagging well behind the speedy people. There were 2 others with me and I found it pretty tough. I think the legs are still in shock, they were in hibernation mode after the marathon. Glad to say I hung in there and completed all the reps.

Up early this morning, 6 miles covered, pace 8:05. Legs are still tired and the wind didn't help, was wrecked after this one. Glad the pace is pretty good though.

Still thinking of where to go now post DCM. I know my main focus for 2013 will be a sub 3:30 marathon. Am thinking Cork and Berlin (yes registered, paid for etc.. peer pressure is a terrible thing :rolleyes:) Naturally I would like to get all new PBs in all the other races (that goes without saying). I'm just going to keep ticking away with the club and just enjoy running without having a marathon looming over my head. :)

Now off to change my log title.......

Berlin you say ;)

Sorry now boss but the log title doesn't work, you set out to break 3:45 and smashed a hole in it, where's the fail? :confused:

It should be 'Nobody's p*ssing on my parade' :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Sorry now boss but the log title doesn't work, you set out to break 3:45 and smashed a hole in it, where's the fail? :confused:

+1 :D:D:D

Exactly and changing the title just as her old one was about to come back into fashion again ;)

It does work, on my third attempt I got a sub 3:45 marathon. You see, I tried and tried and...... you get the picture.
    Anyway Ray probably wouldn't allow your title.
    Just leave it and be glad I finally got rid of the old one! :rolleyes:;)

jcsmum wrote: »
    It does work, on my third attempt I got a sub 3:45 marathon. You see, I tried and tried and...... you get the picture.
    Anyway Ray probably wouldn't allow your title.
    Just leave it and be glad I finally got rid of the old one! :rolleyes:;)

I was just starting to like the old one, you've ruined everything now! :(

Thursday Nov 8
    Supposed to be an easy run with the group. Started off at a nice handy pace, soon about 5 of us had broken off and were doing sub 7:30 min miles. :rolleyes: I held back with one other person but it was still a tough little run. With the run over and back to the meeting point, 8 miles covered

Friday Nov 9
    5 miles after work. Can't remember a thing about this. pace 7:58

Sat Nov 10
    A morning run around the block 6 miles covered pace of 8:03

Sun Nov 12
    After a food and drink filled Saturday/Sunday I guilt tripped myself into 5 miles yesterday afternoon pace 8:12
    (ah, that's better :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Thursday Nov 1
    Supposed to be an easy run with the group. Started off at a nice handy pace, soon about 5 of us had broken off and were doing sub 7:30 min miles. :rolleyes: I held back with one other person but it was still a tough little run. With the run over and back to the meeting point, 8 miles covered

Friday Nov 2
    5 miles after work. Can't remember a thing about this. pace 7:58

Sat Nov 3
    A morning run around the block 6 miles covered pace of 8:03

Sun Nov 4
    After a food and drink filled Saturday/Sunday I guilt tripped myself into 5 miles yesterday afternoon pace 8:12
    (ah, that's better :))
    I think you may still be suffering the after effects.....your a bit mixed up with your dates there :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I think you may still be suffering the after effects.....your a bit mixed up with your dates there :p

Think someone had too much to drink...

Think someone had too much to drink...

oops :o

Jeez can't get anything past you two! :rolleyes:

Whats your easy/recovery pace now? :rolleyes:

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Whats your easy/recovery pace now? :rolleyes:

Four drinks an hour ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

They're some nice paces you're doing there!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

digger2d2 wrote: »
    They're some nice paces you're doing there!

I think she has the same dealer as CL

I think she has the same dealer as CL

must. not. reply. :rolleyes::)

Monday Nov 12
    5 miles, pace 8:47. This was awful, the legs were like two lumps of lead for the first 4 miles. I think they woke up on the last mile home.

Tuesday Nov 13
    Club session with the group. Thanks to Ray, we have a 'lovely' training plan for Raheny :rolleyes:. 4 x1 mile at target pace, with a few mins recovery in between last night. Between the hill and the wind of the Firhouse road this was a tough one. My pace was between 7-7.40 for the reps. The legs were pretty heavy again for this, didn't run as well as I could have.

With the run to and from the children's training to the adult's meeting point, 6.5 miles covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

When was the last time you ran a 5 mile race? You must be looking for under 35 minutes?

RayCun wrote: »
    When was the last time you ran a 5 mile race? You must be looking for under 35 minutes?

sub 34!!!

RayCun wrote: »

37:30 (gun time) in Killarney Good Friday run in April of this year. Not sure what I'm looking for :)

sub 34!!!

As digger would say "Will Yeh leave ir out" :rolleyes:

As digger would say "Will Yeh leave ir out" :rolleyes:

I ran 34:03 for 5 miles while in 3:43 marathon shape, that was with a Kyber finish, you'll easily do sub 34 in Raheny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I ran 34:03 for 5 miles while in 3:43 marathon shape, that was with a Kyber finish, you'll easily do sub 34 in Raheny.

Of course she would. She ran the Half in the park at 7:30 pace and it didn't take a flinch out of her.

Advertisement