Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

jcsmum wrote: »
    As digger would say "Will Yeh leave ir out" :rolleyes:

You're right, you're crap and slow. Don't even try it.

Racing in Tymon on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

menoscemo wrote: »
    Of course she would. She ran the Half in the park at 7:30 pace and it didn't take a flinch out of her.

You don't have to convince me, direct your comment at the woman from the mountains of Muckross! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Mr Slow wrote: »
    direct your comment at the woman from the mountains of Muckross! ;)

Isn't that a tune by one of those rappers who keeps appearing on one of those music channels that i don't have that they do have for the young people who wear their trousers like they're falling off them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I ran 34:03 for 5 miles while in 3:43 marathon shape, that was with a Kyber finish, you'll easily do sub 34 in Raheny.

Was that the famous snipe race ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I ran 34:03 for 5 miles while in 3:43 marathon shape, that was with a Kyber finish, you'll easily do sub 34 in Raheny.

Aren't you great?!? :rolleyes:
    Of course she would. She ran the Half in the park at 7:30 pace and it didn't take a flinch out of her.

Hello stranger, are you keeping a low profile or what?
    You're right, you're crap and slow. Don't even try it.

Racing in Tymon on Sunday?

I think so. I will be wearing padding on my shins ;)
    You don't have to convince me, direct your comment at the woman from the mountains of Muckross! ;)

cue the cheesy music

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Hello stranger, are you keeping a low profile or what?

You can find me mostly in the DCM 2012 graduates thread.

My own is not great so really don't have much to report on at the moment :o

You can find me mostly in the DCM 2012 graduates thread.

My own is not great so really don't have much to report on at the moment :o

Still injured?

Still injured?

Kind of stuck in limbo, physio going well and leg feels better but being messed about by scan people (have been sent to get an MRarthrogram) and not sure if I can be arsed paying €600 anyway.

Still running but just not as much as before as i might have to stop at any time soon. Will do a log update when i know what is going to happen.

Kind of stuck in limbo, physio going well and leg feels better but being messed about by scan people (have been sent to get an MRarthrogram) and not sure if I can be arsed paying €600 anyway.

Still running but just not as much as before as i might have to stop at any time soon. Will do a log update when i know what is going to happen.

Really sorry to hear that. :(

Really sorry to hear that. :(

Don't worry about it. I am pretty positive about it as the injury feels like it is improving all the time and I'd be more than 50% sure I won't need to take a complete break. That's why i am reluctant to pay €600 for a scan when I don't think I need one...anyways I am going back to the physio tonight to see what he says...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Don't worry about it. I am pretty positive about it as the injury feels like it is improving all the time and I'd be more than 50% sure I won't need to take a complete break. That's why i am reluctant to pay €600 for a scan when I don't think I need one...anyways I am going back to the physio tonight to see what he says...

Good luck tonight:)
    €600 is a lot, do you have health insurance that might cover some of the cost?

K, sorry for the hijack, it seems this is the thread where all the cool people hang out:)

I'd say you will be in 33.XX shape for Raheny (just thought I'd add to all that pressure support)

Marthastew wrote: »

I'd say you will be in 33.XX shape for Raheny (just thought I'd add to all that pressure support)

What are all you guys smoking? I could hardly manage 3x 7 min miles for the Rathfarnham 5k! :rolleyes::o

Lucky I don't take all this support pressure to heart. :)

What are all you guys smoking? I could hardly manage 3x 7 min miles for the Rathfarnham 5k! :rolleyes::o

Lucky I don't take all this support pressure to heart. :)

Um isn't your 5k pb a faster average pace than that? Think yours is faster than mine and my avg pace was 6:50

Was late for club training session last night :( which was an easy run. Last week we did a 5 mile loop around the block. Headed off on my ownsome and did the loop adding 1.5m. So 6.5 miles pace 7:58.

Um isn't your 5k pb a faster average pace than that? Think yours is faster than mine and my avg pace was 6:50

Maybe you're right M, but my real point is that it nearly killed me, so adding 2 more miles on to that..... :eek:
    I'll just go for it and see what happens.

Maybe you're right M, but my real point is that it nearly killed me, so adding 2 more miles on to that..... :eek:
    I'll just go for it and see what happens.

Well, you'll have to go at least sub 35 to get your name up here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056621274

Which reminds me: why is your HM time not up there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

It's shameful that Im only getting around to this now - i don't know where the last 3 weeks have gone! Huge Congrats again on a super time in DCM. As with a couple of others - extremely deserved and long over due. Your training was impeccable and your dedication paid off. I hope you're still basking in the glory! You've gotten some nice runs in there since too - what's with that?! You're all at it. I was a veritable sloth (and a gut!) for the entire month after Berlin!!

What's the next goal? Thought i might have seen you in tymon yesterday :(

claralara wrote: »
    Thought i might have seen you in tymon yesterday :(

The grass-trackers don't show if it's drizzly and an ickle bit cold out...:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

She was let down by the club, who didn't organise a team or an individual entry for her :o

RayCun wrote: »
    She was let down by the club, who didn't organise a team or an individual entry for her :o

Why weren't you running? Too close to the M50 or something?

• Advertisement

Why weren't you running? Too close to the M50 or something?

I didn't think we could get a team together, because "this is a longer race and higher standard than the Novices" is not an easy sell :) And a lot of the people who might run ran in the marathon so wouldn't be completely recovered yet. Next year, definitely. I'll run both, jcsmum will run both, and we'll make sure we have teams to run with us if we have to draft in the juveniles :pac:

The standard isn't really higher though. Same girl won yesterday as won the novices. :P

The standard isn't really higher though. Same girl won yesterday as won the novices. :P

We're more worried about what is happening further back in the field :pac:
    (That said, it seems like Tallaght fielded a team of one-legged men and crossdressers, so...)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    The grass-trackers don't show if it's drizzly and an ickle bit cold out...:D;)

harsh :( (see below)

(not that I was crying over it or anything.... but don't tell Ray! );)

claralara wrote: »
    It's shameful that Im only getting around to this now - i don't know where the last 3 weeks have gone! Huge Congrats again on a super time in DCM. As with a couple of others - extremely deserved and long over due. Your training was impeccable and your dedication paid off. I hope you're still basking in the glory! You've gotten some nice runs in there since too - what's with that?! You're all at it. I was a veritable sloth (and a gut!) for the entire month after Berlin!!

What's the next goal? Thought i might have seen you in tymon yesterday :(

Yeah right! :p

Actually just running when I like and for as long as I like these days. :)
    Raheny next race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Yeah right! :p

Actually just running when I like and for as long as I like these days. :)
    Raheny next race.

That's a very long time between races for you. Did I mention theres a 5K in Malahide every Sat morning :D

That said, it seems like Tallaght fielded a team of one-legged men and crossdressers, so...)[/SIZE]

That's actually understated ;)

Friday November 16
    3 miles @ 9 min mile pace

Saturday November 17
    Had only planned 7 or 8 miles but instead I met up with a club member who was planning on running 10. Beautiful morning, lovely company and we did a nice big loop around Templeogue, Terenure, Rathgar & Churchtown, some of which I'd never run before. Forgot to charge up the garmin so up to 9 miles we were doing 9.05 pace which was lovely for me. Ended up doing 12.5 miles total, longest run since DCM - really enjoyable. :)

Sunday November 18
    Decided to push myself a little bit on this one, so 6 miles at 7:40 pace.

We're more worried about what is happening further back in the field :pac:
    (That said, it seems like Tallaght fielded a team of one-legged men and crossdressers, so...)
    digger2d2 wrote: »
    That's actually understated ;)

I though Digger had moved from Sportsworld or something ;)

• Advertisement

pistol_75 wrote: »
    That's a very long time between races for you. Did I mention theres a 5K in Malahide every Sat morning :D

You might have mentioned that alright :rolleyes:. Nice PB by the way.

Advertisement