Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Monday Nov 19
    4 miles around the block - 8:22 pace. Not much of a recollection of this, so it must have been grand.

Tuesday Nov 20
    Club hill session on Stocking Lane. This is the toughest club session by far & the wind last night was insane. We go over an M50 bridge so there is absolutely no shelter here whatsoever - it even makes breathing difficult. 4 miles covered in total. A character building session if there ever was one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

sunflower, if you're yapping away the whole way through your tempo run you're not running fast enough. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

sunflower, if you're yapping away the whole way through your tempo run you're not running fast enough. ;)

Least I didn't have to fake-tie my laces in order to get a breather :)

So this is the new log K. I see you mean business with the underlining and italicising. I'll bookmark you :)

Least I didn't have to fake-tie my laces in order to get a breather :)

Woah, woah I'm sick. I was waiting for the slow people to catch up so I could use them to hold me back. :p

• Advertisement

Woah, woah I'm sick. I was waiting for the slow people to catch up so I could use them to hold me back. :p

Steep drop around the S bends there. You'd want to watch your footing next week!

Steep drop around the S bends there. You'd want to watch your footing next week!

You'll have to do a non-talking pace run to keep up with me next week. :D

You'll have to do a non-talking pace run to keep up with me next week. :D

I'll have my head torch for then. Night vision should knock a minute per mile off me pace.

I'll have my head torch for then. Night vision should knock a minute per mile off me pace.

Savage, I'll slow down a little to run with you. I like to have a head torch around. :p:p

How did this turn into a slagging match? I was only trying to encourage you. :(

Savage, I'll slow down a little to run with you. I like to have a head torch around. :p:p

Ok quitsies (till the hills on Sat)

• Advertisement

Ok quitsies (till the hills on Sat)

None of this only doing 4 reps on Saturday. Prove your worth and do a full session or I'll be back here telling everyone you're all talk and a big wus. :)

Ladies, ladies take it outside or take it to another log........ ;)
    Nothing like a bit of healthy competition in Donore!!! Glad to hear you are both back in business.

So this is the new log K. I see you mean business with the underlining and italicising. I'll bookmark you :)

I'll bookmark you too..... oh no wait, you don't keep a log! :(

Anyway, Donore competitiveness aside, back to logging MY runs

Thursday 22 Nov
    Was late for club session last night despite OH's best efforts to get home in time. Got the meeting point wrong too or else just missed my group heading off on their tempo run :(. Anyway saw a group of the novice club members & our amazing coach doing hill repeats at the bottom of my road, so hopped out of the car and joined them. Had to do my own set of reps, where I obviously didn't have to work as hard as I would in a group. Felt a tad guilty on the run back to the club meeting point, so I tagged on a 3 mile loop on the way home. It was the little man's birthday so was able to eat a feed of pizza, garlic bread and cream cakes relatively guilt free!

Friday 23 Nov
    Did I say guilt free?....;)
    Rolled out of bed at 6.30 this morning. 5 miles, pace of 7.58
    That's better.

Sub 8 pace at 6:30 am?

Nice.

I can barely walk to the shower at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Sub 8 pace at 6:30 am?

Nice.

I can barely walk to the shower at that time.

+1

I'd struggle to get the first mile below 9 minute mile pace for an early start.

You must be using a premium brand 3in1 oil!!

Saturday Nov 24
    7 early morning miles, pace 8:05. Can't remember anything about this, can't even remember what route I took. Oh well....

Sunday Nov 25
    Rest day - we were celebrating 2 birthdays in our house, so it was a day for lots of sweets (obviously I do not have the restraint of CL!)

Monday Nov 26
    Didn't even have time to set the garmin for this one, it was a 'drop the kids to school/creche and sneak in a few miles before work'. Mapped it afterwards, 4 miles (quick enough pace)

Tuesday Nov 27
    Club session. 12x 400 at 5k pace. Was half keeping an eye on pace. Anytime I checked the 400s were on average 95 seconds. Really enjoyed this session. Between warm up, reps and cool down 6 miles covered.

Wednesday Nov 28
    Knew I wasn't going to get a run in after work today, so set the alarm for 6:15. 6 miles before 7:15 on a cold morning, pace 8:22 - not so shabby! Really enjoyed this one too. A tiny bit of a niggle on the outside of my right knee.

Thursday 29th Nov
    Was late to the club session which was a tempo run one. Finally cought up to the group that I wanted to run with (took me a whole mile!) We ran from Knocklyon, OldBawn, Tallaght and back to Knocklyon again - 6.5 miles total. Didn't have a chance to fire up the garmin but pace I'm guessing was in and around 7:30 pace. Can't say I wasn't tired in places, but I hung on in there and finished strong. :D

Friday 30th Nov
    Was meant to get up early and do some sort of recovery run. That didn't happen, so ended up doing 4 quickish miles before work. pace 7:58. Recovery run definitely tomorrow. :cool:
    Then club Christmas party tomorrow night!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

jcsmum wrote: »

Hmmm...maybe I should join a club!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Good work jcsmum, and enjoy the party tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Thursday 29th Nov
    Recovery run definitely tomorrow. :cool:

You not doing jingle bells 5K?

RubyK wrote: »
    Good work jcsmum, and enjoy the party tomorrow :D

Will do my best!

pistol_75 wrote: »
    You not doing jingle bells 5K?

Nope. Still in non-racing mode. I kinda want to wait til I feel I can give a 5k a good shot. I'm not there yet. Might amble up to Malahide some Saturday and give that a go. This not racing thing is good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Nope. Still in non-racing mode. I kinda want to wait til I feel I can give a 5k a good shot. I'm not there yet. Might amble up to Malahide some Saturday and give that a go. This not racing thing is good! :)

Might do a few miles in the park in the morning early if you fancy slowing down to my pace of running ;)

Might do a few miles in the park in the morning early if you fancy slowing down to my pace of running ;)

There'll be cake. I've an xmas party tonight though so it may not be sliced :pac:

No can do. OH playing golf. :rolleyes:
    He assures me that from next weekend on there will be little or no golf!
    There'll be cake. I've an xmas party tonight though so it may not be sliced :pac:

M, freeze the cake and you can give me a slice at a later date :cool:
    Are you doing xc on Sunday?

No can do. OH playing golf. :rolleyes:
    He assures me that from next weekend on there will be little or no golf!

M, freeze the cake and you can give me a slice at a later date :cool:
    Are you doing xc on Sunday?

It's choc biscuit cake you can't make it without a freezer ;)

Fingal? Yeah thats in the plan. I'm out tomorrow night too though.

Excuses for losing in early. :)

It's choc biscuit cake you can't make it without a freezer ;)

Fingal? Yeah thats in the plan. I'm out tomorrow night too though.

Excuses for losing in early. :)

That makes two of us. Sure, we can decide on the morning!

That makes two of us. Sure, we can decide on the morning!

Oooh if you're going on Sunday, I might bring you cake then ;)

• Advertisement

Oooh if you're going on Sunday, I might bring you cake then ;)

Tempting! I know another person (non-running) who will be there and might like some cake too.

Advertisement