Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Sunday?

Best of luck girls. Please don't make a show of us on our home turf ;) I'll be there but on tea and stewarding duty only unfortunately. Digs may or may not make an appearance - it Will depend on whether he's forgiven me for dragging him down last Sunday when i got the date wrong...whoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Sunday?

Nope, I'm old RQ, I will be running elsewhere!

PVincent wrote: »
    Indeed Mr Chairman. Seems like we will have to do a lot of that listening for the next while......better than listening to me anyway......

Do we have to call him 'Mr Chairman'? ;)

claralara wrote: »
    I was out at 6:27 and actually wondered would we cross paths! Unfortunately I wasn't feeling as hot as you were!!

You had a pretty good 2012 yourself - long may the hard training and good results continue! :)

I wouldn't say 'hot', more like my brain hadn't woken up yet and realised what I was doing.

(PS Also it's just as well your OH hasn't spotted your post... imagine all the comments! :rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

jcsmum wrote: »

I wouldn't say 'hot', more like my brain hadn't woken up yet and realised what I was doing.

(PS Also it's just as well your OH hasn't spotted your post... imagine all the comments! :rolleyes:)

oh he'll find it - don't you worry! Im sure he'll have something mildly witty to say about living in a house of stalkers!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

claralara wrote: »
    I was out at 6:27 and actually wondered would we cross paths! Unfortunately I wasn't feeling as hot as you were!!

Ah hee-yar, will yeh leave ih bleedin' ouh!

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Ah hee-yar, will yeh leave ih bleedin' ouh!

That's the best you can come up with?? :rolleyes:

Tuesday Jan 8
    Club session - Stocking lane Hill Reps 'up and overs'. Run up to the top of the hill, down the other side, back up to the top and down the other side, recovery 2 mins - each rep measuring 1.3miles 3 full reps. For me this is one of the toughest sessions. Unfortunately my stomach was acting up last night, so nearing the top of each incline I was really suffering but thankfully was able to keep going and keep the pace reasonably steady. Failed to hang on to the lead group on the very last climb eventhough they lowered their pace for me.
    Forgot to stop the garmin but I think it was close to 6 miles covered

Wednesday Jan 9
    Early morning run of 5 miles pace 8:37. Thought the legs would be in bits afer the hill reps but everything ran very smoothly
    Also think I passed CL (on the other side of the road) flying along - was pretty dark so wasn't confident enough to give her a shout out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

session - Stocking lane Hill Reps 'up and overs'

I get a visual on this every time! :)

Mr Slow wrote: »
    I get a visual on this every time! :)

gotta love childish humour! :D

• Advertisement

gotta love childish humour! :D

There's nothing childish about that visual :D

There's nothing childish about that visual :D

Am I going to have to start quoting digger? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

get them to do this session with us one night and they have a different visual on it then.
    and we didnt slow down as my last one was quickest of the night. So you did pick up the pace a bit despite your notion of not hanging onto us. Its a great session. who thought of such a session...if i could find him i would shoot him

get them to do this session with us one night and they have a different visual on it then.
    and we didnt slow down as my last one was quickest of the night. So you did pick up the pace a bit despite your notion of not hanging onto us. Its a great session. who thought of such a session...if i could find him i would shoot him

:D

It is a good session to be fair even if it is a killer, no point if it wasn't. That's good to hear that the pace was decent for the last rep.

Thursday Jan 10
    Club session - 'easy' run. Nothing easy about this one. Forgot the garmin so no idea of pace. Ran with another lady who is similar pace to me. Legs were really tired for this one, so was happy we caught up with 2 guys ahead and they were doing a more relaxed pace to us. :)
    5 miles covered

Friday Jan 11
    Rest day

Saturday Jan 12
    Didn't get out until later on in the day and was in two minds as to how many miles I should do with the masters xc the following morning.
    10 miles, pace 8:47 - everything felt right, so fingers crossed.

Sunday Jan 13
    Masters xc Raheny. Place 30 out of 51, time 13.09 (3k). Very below par performance from me :(. Not sure what I'm doing wrong & I have wasted so much time analysing the race that I'm actually boring myself :o
    I'm able to laugh at it all today but I swear I think I need to get a life! Cherryfield next week (home turf) and then I'm hanging up the spikes forever a good long while
    On the fun side the Brothers Pearse tent made it first official outing :) and the journey to/from Raheny with my 4 lady team mates was one big ole laugh. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Friday Jan 11
    Rest day

Saturday Jan 12
    Didn't get out until later on in the day and was in two minds as to how many miles I should do with the masters xc the following morning.

Sunday Jan 13
    Masters xc Raheny. Place 30 out of 51, time 13.09 (3k). Very below par performance from me :(. Not sure what I'm doing wrong & I have wasted so much time analysing the race that I'm actually boring myself :o
    I'm able to laugh at it all today but I swear I think I need to get a life! Cherryfield next week (home turf) and then I'm hanging up the spikes forever a good long while
    On the fun side the Brothers Pearse tent made it first official outing :) and the journey to/from Raheny with my 4 lady team mates was one big ole laugh. :)

I don't think Fionnula would be doing 10 miles before any of her X-country races? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

Friday Jan 11
    Rest day

Saturday Jan 12

Sunday Jan 13

2 Words...Coors Light (or anything that vaguely resembles beer) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

pistol_75 wrote: »

I don't think Fionnula would be doing 10 miles before any of her X-country races? :rolleyes:

10 miles the day before a race might just be the clue. I ran long on Friday so I could rest Saturday . Defo need to be fresher for CC. so try rest this Friday after easy run Thursday and see if that leaves you more sprightly for this sat. Having said that the course on Sunday was draining with some good surface where you could pick it up followed by some very gooey sticky mud plains which sucked the strength from the quads. c u tomorrow for some decent 4sj

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Friday Jan 11
    Rest day

Saturday Jan 12

Sunday Jan 13

Sorry K, didn't realise you were in Raheny. You're never old enough to be a master ;) Nothing wrong with overanalysing IMO :pac:

Well done. Masters is NOT an easy race.

Whats in Cherryfield?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great training jcsmum, don't know how you do that XC stuff though :o Fair play to you!

pistol_75 wrote: »
    2 Words...Coors Light (or anything that vaguely resembles beer) :P
    10 miles the day before a race might just be the clue. I ran long on Friday so I could rest Saturday . Defo need to be fresher for CC.

Okay, so the moral of the story is, don't do an LSR and do drink plenty of beer the day before an xc masters race - got it! :)

Monday Jan 14
    Another day older and wiser. Headed for a short (relaxed) run around the block while the bacon & cabbage was boiling - 4.5 miles at 8:40 pace. Legs were tired.

Sorry K, didn't realise you were in Raheny. You're never old enough to be a master ;) Nothing wrong with overanalysing IMO :pac:

Well done. Masters is NOT an easy race.

Whats in Cherryfield?

BHAA 2 miles for women, 5 miles for men/women
    Are you coming?

RubyK wrote: »
    Great training jcsmum, don't know how you do that XC stuff though :o Fair play to you!

I ask myself that on a regular basis :D. I'm convincing myself that it will help with endurance and stamina - all it's doing is scarring me mentally :rolleyes:

all it's doing is scarring me mentally :rolleyes:

Jesus, as if you weren't mental enough! :)

Jesus, as if you weren't mental enough! :)

pot. kettle. black.

Tuesday Jan 15
    Club session last night 400s x12. This was a really good session for me. I decided from the start to just run my own reps, to work hard but not feel exhausted at the end & thats how it went. I felt very in control of my breathing, of my legs - something which has been really lacking in some of my races of late and something I need to work on and plan better.

5.75 miles covered

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

I ask myself that on a regular basis :D. I'm convincing myself that it will help with endurance and stamina - all it's doing is scarring me mentally :rolleyes:

I don't think there's any doubt it's making you stronger (physically & mentally) and not to mention quicker.
    In GAA terms you'd be considered to be 'wintering well'!!

I don't think there's any doubt it's making you stronger (physically & mentally) and not to mention quicker.
    In GAA terms you'd be considered to be 'wintering well'!!

She's definitely 'Weathering' :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

BHAA 2 miles for women, 5 miles for men/women
    Are you coming?

Not after tonights run I'm not. :)

Have had a couple of good runs over the last couple of weeks so a couple more will increase the confidence. Then race. :)

Hills on Saturday. Wooooooo.

Advertisement