Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

claralara wrote: »
    Well done in the 5k missus, that's brilliant going! And your Cork training is well on track, fair play to you for getting stuck in. I'm jealous of all this cork banter....:rolleyes: Keep up the good work. :)

Racoon Queen is seeking someone to run 11 miles in the relay???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Well done on the race!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Good stuff on Sunday. My 3'54 time from Cork last year may be under threat in June!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Well done on the 5k time...Impressive stuff considering the mileage you've been putting in those legs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

mrslow wrote: »
    Racoon Queen is seeking someone to run 11 miles in the relay???

At a 7.30min/mile pace I believe :eek: Not a bleedin hope!!

• Advertisement

At a 7.30min/mile pace I believe :eek: Not a bleedin hope!!

No problem to you!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Day off yesterday, so headed to the phoenix park. Probably too early in the training programme for Cork, but I managed an 18 miler. 2:58, pace of 9:56.
    It was slow (meaning it was the right pace for a LSR), although for the first few miles I thought I was going backwards ;)

I'm really happy with the run because the fatigue never happened during or after. I could have run a few more miles. And I know some of you are going to have raised eyebrows, but I only drank water (and half a banana mid way..... I bring my own now, I'm self sufficient since I was 'dumped'!)

Everything worked out fine, but I did run out of bodyglide yesterday morning, so I am chaffed in lots of places! :eek:
    It was worth it though. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nice one! Absolutely gorgeous day for it too.

jcsmum wrote: »
    And I know some of you are going to have raised eyebrows, but I only drank water (and half a banana mid way..... I bring my own now, I'm self sufficient since I was 'dumped'!)

I was only talking to Claralara about this yesterday, I was talking to a running guru yesterday morning (not Claralara) who said using gels on the long runs diminishes the physiological effects of the run from the perspective of getting your body to store more glycogen and become more efficient at burning fat for energy. So you go girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Great stuff. never too early to get in a long Run. The more of them you do the easier it'll be on the day.

• Advertisement

I was only talking to Claralara about this yesterday, I was talking to a running guru yesterday morning (not Claralara) who said using gels on the long runs diminishes the physiological effects of the run from the perspective of getting your body to store more glycogen and become more efficient at burning fat for energy. So you go girl!

Does that mean I'm a running guru now? :cool:;)
    I have a psychological block when it comes to those gels. Now I could eat jellies no problem for 26.2 miles. Such a multi-tasker.

I I was talking to a running guru yesterday morning (not Claralara)

Not that that would be entirely beyond the realms of possibility... :cool:

K that was awesome running yesterday so early on! I'm really jealous...don't ask why; there is no explaining or understanding how my yoyo brain is thinking or feeling these days!

K that was awesome running yesterday so early on! I'm really jealous...don't ask why; there is no explaining or understanding how my yoyo brain is thinking or feeling these days!

No change to any other day then :P

Not that that would be entirely beyond the realms of possibility... :cool:

I had to clarify that you were not the Guru I was referring to.

You're jealous of me.... you're the one who took my banana! ;)

Wait til the week before the marathon..... you aint experienced any taper madness til then! :D

I have a psychological block when it comes to those gels. .

As do most of the women I've met in my lifetime :eek:

6.75 miles yesterday evening, 1:02, pace of 9:15

This was one of the nicest runs in a long time. I felt very strong throughout, especially the last 4 miles. Actually picked up speed for the last mile which was up the hill at Taylors Lane and sprinted (I know! :D) the last half mile and could have kept going!

On a side note wore my kayanos and I think I miss them. Not sure now about my new mizunos. :(

Nice run last night!

I was thinking about your DCM log from last year as I was out this morning and I’m off now to root it out and have an aule read. It is a Friday after all…:)

Nice run last night!

I was thinking about your DCM log from last year as I was out this morning and I’m off now to root it out and have an aule read. It is a Friday after all…:)

Are you not supposed to be all swotty and diligent at work now with your big new permanent position offer. :rolleyes:
    Ah who am I kidding, read away missus........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Nice run last night jcsmum :)
    On a side note wore my kayanos and I think I miss them. Not sure now about my new mizunos. :(

I too went from mizunos back to kayanos. I much prefer the 17's. I found the mizunos felt very flat after a couple of months.

I'm a disaster with runners, the slightest change and it throws me in a huge way.

Saturday:
    6.25 miles, 9 min mile pace, 56.26
    Wierd run, I got a feeling of numbness in both feet for half of this run! Not sure if it was the shoes, laces too tight (lack of circulation) or what. :confused:

Sunday
    run in the park with shaz, 8 miles 9:56 pace.
    Due to being out the night before and the hour change, I couldn't drag myself out of the bed any earlier and had to abandon my 12 mile plan.

Saturday:
    6.25 miles, 9 min mile pace, 56.26
    Wierd run, I got a feeling of numbness in both feet .

Numbness in the brain I'd say.....;)

digger2d2 wrote: »

You just couldn't let it go!
    I think you need to join (or set up) 'spell checkers anonymous' :rolleyes:;)

Wierd run, I got a feeling of numbness in both feet for half of this run!
    digger2d2 wrote: »
    You just couldn't let it go!
    I think you need to join (or set up) 'spell checkers anonymous' :rolleyes:;)

Believe it or not, I did let it go the first time I read it, but then went back later and it was just shouting at me :D

Yesterday 20 miles, 3:14, pace of 9:45

This felt reasonably good, yes was a little bit tired towards the end, but nothing like the fatigue of last year.

This felt reasonably good, yes was a little bit tired towards the end, but nothing like the fatigue of last year.

Ah missus, that’s a savage run. You wouldn’t think I was the one with a marathon in 2 weeks!

How many 20 milers are you planning before Cork? Is this going to be a weekly affair?

That's fantastic running :)

• Advertisement

Ah missus, that’s a savage run. You wouldn’t think I was the one with a marathon in 2 weeks!

How many 20 milers are you planning before Cork? Is this going to be a weekly affair?

I'm not Meno! :rolleyes:;)

Advertisement