Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Glee' tour Irish dates announced

Options
  • 19-11-2010 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

From Digitalspy.co.uk
    Easy Christmas Present for someone:o
    The cast of Glee will perform in Ireland next July, it has been confirmed.
    Earlier this year, they completed a hugely successful American tour, but now fans will now have a chance to see stars including Lea Michele (Rachel), Cory Monteith (Finn), Amber Riley (Mercedes), Chris Colfer (Kurt), Kevin McHale (Artie), Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina), Mark Salling (Puck), Dianna Agron (Quinn), Naya Rivera (Santana), Heather Morris (Brittany), Harry Shum, Jr. (Mike), Chord Overstreet (Sam) and Darren Criss (Blaine) perform tracks from the Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning show.

Sony Music Ireland confirmed the news and announced two Glee Live! In Concert! dates for Dublin early next July.
    The show's creator Ryan Murphy said: "We had such a great time putting together last year's shows and the response from the fans was incredible. People around the world want to see our cast live and in person, so this European tour is our way of thanking them for the unbelievable way they've embraced our little show.

"And for everyone in America who has asked if we'll be back to a city near them this summer, stay tuned. We'll have some exciting news very soon."

Despite Murphy mentioning a "European tour" no further dates outside of Ireland have been announced.

Monteith added: "We had so much fun on tour last year that we were all itching to do it again. The fact that we're going to Europe to perform for thousands of people is mind blowing. This show has been quite a ride."

On the Irish dates Riley commented: "I loved performing for the fans in Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix and New York last year and didn't think there was any way to top that experience. But performing in The O2, Dublin? How cool is that? We cannot wait."

Tickets for the confirmed Irish gigs go on sale on Friday November 26.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

Really hope I get good seats/tickets for one of these shows, it's going to be the perfect Christmas present for my little sister AND I'll get to see Mark Salling in the flesh..yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,668 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No Mr Schu :(

Anyways hope to get tickets love the tv show and the music

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Its the same weekend as Foo Fighters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think you're going to see this selling out so fast that it will make your head spin. This show is too popular for it's own good and as a result is just becoming more a parody of itself every episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Pity Jane Lynch isnt in it... but im still gonna go :D

59 to 76 for tickers though! The cheapest tickets to Lady gaga and Katy Perry were both <€40 and they were both on in the 02...

It's gonna sell out ridiculously fast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Its the same weekend as Foo Fighters

I'm not sure the audience will be the same for both shows for some reason (except me imma hit both)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I'm not sure the audience will be the same for both shows for some reason (except me imma hit both)

HA which Foos gig you going to? Im heading to the one with Jimmy Eat World

This is not a Foo Fighters thread (even though I love 'em!)!!

Have you guys seen the prices of VIP tickets?? $595 :O

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishharper

D e e wrote: »
    This is not a Foo Fighters thread (even though I love 'em!)!!

I know I saw the price on the gleetour website last night,that is crazy! The tickets are already very dear considering lady gaga ticket prices etc seriously can't see these packages selling very well!!:0

Yeah its crazy, I would be very very surprised if the VIP packages sell out. I know Glee is huge but it was half the price to meet Lady Gaga and similar acts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭fe1ready

Got my tickets today. Wasn't prepared to have another (1st in the queue for Kings of leon and they were all sold out) moment.

Excited!

Feels good that Ireland gets something that other countries don't get.

fe1ready wrote: »
    Got my tickets today. Wasn't prepared to have another (1st in the queue for Kings of leon and they were all sold out) moment.

Excited!

Feels good that Ireland gets something that other countries don't get.

How did you get your tickets today please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I know I saw the price on the gleetour website last night,that is crazy! The tickets are already very dear considering lady gaga ticket prices etc seriously can't see these packages selling very well!!:0

Those prices are kinda crazy alright. You can get a fan package for $250, which is a seat in the first 20 rows. So I'd say people haven't much of a chance to get too near the front even for €80.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How did you get your tickets today please?

American Express presale I'm guessing.
    There is an MCD presale tomorrow. Password will be on Facebook. Details here.

Got my tickets in the MCD presale, not impressed with the seats, block B row 27, it looks really far back. Can anyone confirm this?
    I think I will try get better seats tomorrow or Fri and sell the tickets from the MCD presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Got my tickets in the MCD presale, not impressed with the seats, block B row 27, it looks really far back. Can anyone confirm this?
    I think I will try get better seats tomorrow or Fri and sell the tickets from the MCD presale.

We were in block c for Paramore, row 30 and could see fine.....I got Block N, really rubbish seats. I'll try again tomorrow.

magnumlady wrote: »
    We were in block c for Paramore, row 30 and could see fine.....I got Block N, really rubbish seats. I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks, do you think it would be okay for a 5 year old? The tickets are her Xmas gift so I don't want to get her bad seats.

I was offered Block N,last row and gave them up then block B showed up, I guess I just got lucky! Hope you get better luck tomorrow/Friday.

I think anywhere in the O2 you usually get a pretty good view, although as she's only five chances are someone sitting in front of her might block her view a bit. Although there are screens up as well, so you will see OK.

I think anywhere in the O2 you usually get a pretty good view, although as she's only five chances are someone sitting in front of her might block her view a bit. Although there are screens up as well, so you will see OK.

Thanks! I think i'll still see what seats are offered tomorrow and make a choice between them and the ones I bought, I think it will sell out fairly quickly so if I do have to buy new tickets I won't have too much trouble finding a buyer for the other ones!

At least with Block B you are on tiered seating. If you get flat seating it would be harder for her to see.

At least with Block B you are on tiered seating. If you get flat seating it would be harder for her to see.

True! We had flat seat tickets 4th row from the front for Miley Cyrus last year and it was hard for her to see over all the moms and dad heads!

• Advertisement

Priority tickets sold out. Was on the site from 8-10, only the box for American express showed up and when I entered my password it said invalid. There's lots of people on the blueroom facebook saying the same thing happened them. O2 claiming they sold out in under 5mins but people said they were able to get some until 10am. Can't believe the site was so unreliable.

Priority tickets sold out. Was on the site from 8-10, only the box for American express showed up and when I entered my password it said invalid. There's lots of people on the blueroom facebook saying the same thing happened them. O2 claiming they sold out in under 5mins but people said they were able to get some until 10am. Can't believe the site was so unreliable.

Did you go through the O2 blueroom? I did and managed to get block A....that'll do.
    I think all the flat seats are reserved for the VIP tickets, great if you can afford that kind of money.

Did you go through the O2 blueroom? I did and managed to get block A....that'll do.
    I think all the flat seats are reserved for the VIP tickets, great if you can afford that kind of money.

Yep I did :( tried it through my phone and same thing happened. It must be an error on their part since so many others had issues (based on their FB page) I was hoping for block D seats. Congrats on getting tickets!

Yep I did :( tried it through my phone and same thing happened. It must be an error on their part since so many others had issues (based on their FB page) I was hoping for block D seats. Congrats on getting tickets!

Oh that's a shame, mind you your block B is better then my block A but at least we won't get nosebleeds now.
    Maybe you can try on Friday?

I suppose I'm lucky to have a ticket at all. Will try Friday morning but i won't hold my breath! I can't believe there's nobody else in this thread considering how popular the concert is already!

Yes got mine yesterday also on mcd presale not great seats but I'm happy at least I got the tickets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I picked up Block D row 24 yesterday morning in MCDs pre-sale.Just luck of the draw I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭lyndonjones

It is a disgrace the way the flaunt the idea that 02 can get you to the gig.

I was ready this morning at 8:55am, 02 Password ready and I logged on through the 02blueroom.ie site which redirected me to the ticketmaster.ie site and for the Saturday show not once did I see the O2 option come up - all i ever saw was American Express. I tried Sunday date after 5 minutes of fruitless trying and the O2 option came up I entered the pass code and searched for 3 tickets - No joy!! Then I tried to 2 tickets no joy!!

Went back to Saturday slot still no 02 option back to Sunday slot and even the O2 option there was gone!!

I was on hold for 30 mins on the ticketmaster helpline and when I got through was told they sold out in a minute.

What chance do you have!! It is crazy.

I will try again on Friday morning but I don't fancy my chances.

As for the VIP tickets costing over €500 - there is something wrong when people are paying these crazy prices!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

O2 offer a pre-sale to their customers but they make no guarantee that you'll get tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

JJ wrote: »
    O2 offer a pre-sale to their customers but they make no guarantee that you'll get tickets.

Exactly. They get about 10-15% of tickets which is about 1700 at most. Now think how many subscribers they have and how many more get a free PAYG sim purely to take advantage.Its a chance but its small one considering the popularity

Advertisement