Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Eircom have a customer retention policy ?

• 19-11-2010 2:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

I'm currently paying €63 a month for Eircoms 7MB bundle.
    As part of my austerity drive I was thinking of getting rid of the phone & going for Smart Telecoms 10MB broadband only deal for €39.99 a month.

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/home_broadband/more_details/Home_Value_10MB.aspx

When people ring up Eircom to say they are leaving do the secretly try to match their competitors deals ?.
    Does anyone have experience of such ?.

I say this cause my 7MB maxes out all the time & I can't fault the service.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    I
    When people ring up Eircom to say they are leaving do the secretly try to match their competitors deals ?.
    Does anyone have experience of such ?.

They "might" but they can't match the likes of Smart, Magnet or UPC for residential offerings, they don't have the technology rolled out at exchanges.

Given your example there is no way in hell Eircom would match Smarts price, so in short if you want the cheaper price then move provider.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Cabaal wrote: »
    Given your example there is no way in hell Eircom would match Smarts price, so in short if you want the cheaper price then move provider.

Thanks Cabaal, that's what I thought.
    Now to be careful so that eircom don't find someway of charging me after I leave them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

They do have a retention department that try to talk people out of leaving all right but I dont think they are allowed be cheaper than any body else or com reg will slap them on the wrist.

Advertisement