Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leonard Cohen night on BBC4

Options
  • 19-11-2010 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Bird on a Wire(Film,1974)
    BBC 4
    Friday, November 19th, 2010
    9:00pm to 10:45pm and 02.45 to 04.00

Tony Palmer's film, thought lost for almost 40 years, about Leonard Cohen's 1972 European tour, has now been pieced together from almost 3,000 fragments and restored to its former glory. A unique record of a major poet and singer/songwriter at the height of his powers.
    Leonard Cohen: Songs From the Road(Music)

BBC 4
    Friday, November 19th, 2010
    10:45pm to 11:45pm

A selection of live performances from Leonard Cohen's triumphant 2008-2009 world tour, featuring classic songs like Bird on the Wire, Famous Blue Raincoat and Hallelujah performed by Leonard and his impeccable musicians and singers before transfixed audiences in a variety of venues across the world.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Excellent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

zimovain wrote: »
    Excellent
    Good God, that's an understatement. The second half of the concert from Jerusalem was very moving. I'd heard about it from a friend who attnded but even though I expected it, the depth of emotion displayed and projected startled me.

I recognised Jennifer Warnes as one of the lady backing singers but not the other. Mr Cohen certainly didn't lack female companionship on any of his 'trips' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats why he was laughing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭lotie

Any news on a new album in 2011? Talk about it over the summer but not heard much since.

Advertisement