Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC and fax machine

• 19-11-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi All

Hopefully someone can answer this question.

I am looking at getting UPC broadband and phone in my house. I do occassionaly need to send and receive faxes. Will I still be able to do this with the UPC setup.

Thanks in advance

Paddyo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think I read somewhere that faxes don't work on UPC's VOIP lines. You might want to check with UPC on that first though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Paddyo wrote: »
    I am looking at getting UPC broadband and phone in my house. I do occassionaly need to send and receive faxes. Will I still be able to do this with the UPC setup.

I wouldn't expect faxing to work reliably. If you have to be able to send and receive faxes then maybe you should check it out first on someone else's UPC setup before switching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

bhickey wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect faxing to work reliably. If you have to be able to send and receive faxes then maybe you should check it out first on someone else's UPC setup before switching?

Was the same for us, they said they could put another point in the office for a fax, but i said f**k that €50 :D

It does work, now when sending a fax i just run a long phone wire into the living room and replace the phone wire with the fax one in the router and all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I can send/receive faxes on UPC. Quality seems fine, but it does seem to take longer than a PSTN-based line, thought not a whole lot longer. Have had a couple of false starts (misc. errors reported by sending fax machine), but it sends just fine on retry. Much the same success as Digiweb Metro really. It's possible, but might take a couple of attempts.

Advertisement