Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a nice spirit & mixer drink

Options
  • 19-11-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

If at home there's nothing i love more than a glass of wine but it not the type of thing you can drink when you're on a big nite out where you're going to be in the pub for hours and hours.

Usually going out I drink bottles of beer but its only because i dont want to drink wine, not because i actually enjoy beer (the first couple are nice but get sick of them after that).

Going out tomorrow night and really want to drink something new / enjoyable. So can anyone recommend a nice spirit and mixer drink for me? Please be aware that i am not used to drinking spirits so something light on the stomach would be good. I havent drank vodka in years but any time i did i would be really sick the next day.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Maybe you've been drinking the wrong beers.;)
    I'd tire very quickly of what's available in your average pub too.

Regarding mixed drinks:
    It sounds awful but tequila and ginger ale is very nice - don't knock it until you try it.
    Vodka and soda with a slice of lime is very refreshing also.

Vodka making you sick probably had something to do with the amount of it or the speed at which you drank it.
    Too much of any drink will make you sick - a red wine hangover is no fun either!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Morgan Spiced rum and Fanta orange...... tastes like a super split Ice pop. yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Morgan Spiced rum and Fanta Club Orange...... tastes like a super split Ice pop. yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Jemmy and Ginger.

Drink of the gods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Southern Comfort and Red Lemonade.... Yum. But only if you like sweet drinks :)
    ps. In my experience it's also a hangover free drink!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭addictedtoshoes

My favourite is vodka & soda water with sweezed fresh lime juice. I know you said Vodka made you sick but it could have been the mixer - this is really light and refreshing and low calorie!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cointreau with soda water or 7-up
    Skyy vodka with pressed apple juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

Gin and ginger ale has always been a favourite of mine, a nice mix and I love the gin buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A classic - gin & tonic with a twist of lime

Or alternatively, Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum with a diet 7-Up. It's sweet but has a lovely vanilla flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Gin & Bitter Lemon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Havana Club with Ginger Ale (preferably Fentimans) and a slice of lime

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Echoing the previous poster to a degree-

A 'Dark and stormy' - Gosling's black seal rum topped up with Fentiman's ginger beer and a squeeze or two of sliced lime.

Works well with some of the darker Havana Clubs and Appletons as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Jim Beam and Ginger ale.
    Havana Club and Coke.

Both of those go down very nicely on the rare occasion I'd have them.

Also, a Long Island Iced Tea can be nice, a bit heavier than the rest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

My favourite is vodka & soda water with sweezed fresh lime juice.

Or try that with Bacardi instead of vodka. It's called a Mismo and it's really refreshing and easy on the guts.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pinkyponk2

Thanks everyone, some nice ideas in there.

Have had Captain Morgan's & Club Orange on a few occassions and its very nice. Gonna try some of the other suggestions too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

Jack Daniels and coke (the finest liquid substance in the history of the world)

Gin and tonic (solid and reliable)

Vodka and orange (but it's generally too sneaky when you're out because you don't feel the effects until it's too late)

Advertisement