Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What fish can I keep??

Options
  • 19-11-2010 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I will hopefully be getting a 54l tank and I have no idea what fish and how many fish I would be able to keep??

Haven't decided yet if it will be freshwater or saltwater...

Can anyone give me suggestions as to what fish I should get for either freshwater or saltwater???

THANKS!!!

JP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

freshwater is easier/cheaper to setup.....but saltwater has the more colourful fish !

but it will be weeks before you can put fish in - a thorough clean/cycle needs to be done first.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

54L is small enough. I have 70L and have 20 small tropical fish in it. Here it is:http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056019171

I would suggested going freshwater for this size. You should really only have quite small fish in a tank that size to give them sufficient room to swim about, larger fish may feel overly confined.

Tetras, Danio, Corys, Gouramis, mollies, barbs, guppies are all suitable and interesting fish. Colour variation is almost endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

If you are going salt water, let me know.

I'm winding down my tank and would be happy to give you live rock on the cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 scazi

Cool Zulu,

I will do that then. I'll know after this weekend. So i'll hit you with an email then. Would I be able to email you through boards or shall I email you personally?

Why the name Zulu? You're not South African are ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

no not south africian at all!
    Sure see how you're going - one thing to consider is with a marine 54L tank, it'll be even smaller again, as the liverock will take up some space! You might be best served going fresh water tropical.

Check out http://www.irishfishkeepers.com for more advice.

You can hit me up with a PM when you've made up your mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 scazi

Awesome!

I will do!

Cheers

Advertisement