Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up roaming for vodafone

Options
  • 19-11-2010 3:27pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    How do I set up roaming on my phone?going to the u.s on sunday.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just realised there is a vodafone forum :o,can a mod please move.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Call and ask for roaming to be enabled on your handset, you will want to ask them to enable international calling also. Ask for them to add Vodafone Passport to your account, its free and means that your roaming rates are cheaper in Europe and a handfull of other countries, unfortunately it doesn't cover America, but its better to have it for future roaming.
    If you plan on using internet or any kind of update/blackberry service check the rates as this can get expensive, if you can get by without using internet id advise switching it off on your handset, usually the option is shown as "data roaming" in the settings but it varies from manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭site designer

You need to open your phone and change one bios setting, you may need to solder on a roaming chip, depends on make - once the settings are changed you need to enter the ROAMIEID number you get from accessing the phones bios,

can be tricky enough, most phone operaters charge about €150 to €200 to service it for you, I generally do it for around 70 though as theres not that much work in it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

You need to open your phone and change one bios setting, you may need to solder on a roaming chip, depends on make - once the settings are changed you need to enter the ROAMIEID number you get from accessing the phones bios,

can be tricky enough, most phone operaters charge about €150 to €200 to service it for you, I generally do it for around 70 though as theres not that much work in it

please ignore all of that ^^
    it doesn't make any sense

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:rolleyes:
    MiCr0 wrote: »
    please ignore all of that ^^
    it doesn't make any sense

Dont worry I aint no fool.

Turns out Im already signed up,thanks for the help.

Advertisement