Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof that UPC works perfectly...sometimes

• 19-11-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

DU Meter stats taken at 6:30 pm yesterday (I'm in Dublin 15 btw).
    mbh4hy.jpg

Ever since they accidentally fixed the intermittent disconnection issues, I've been getting great connection speeds.

Shame they can't provide a consistent service like this to everyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I have never had one problem with UPC , and have had broadband with them for 2 years.
    Everyone has a problem with every company sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I've had UPC for about 6 years and rarely have problems. Upgrades are generally the only time I do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

paulm17781 wrote: »
    I've had UPC for about 6 years and rarely have problems. Upgrades are generally the only time I do.

Same here always had a great service from UPC. Speeds took a while to return to normal when I moved from 20mb - 30mb. Having used Eircom and BT in the past I can honestly say there streets ahead.

I've only had one major problem with UPC, random disconnects, and it was solved by changing the modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TheMastero

I can always get the full 30meg with UPC am i the only one in Ireland? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

DU Meter stats taken at 6:30 pm yesterday (I'm in Dublin 15 btw).
    mbh4hy.jpg

Ever since they accidentally fixed the intermittent disconnection issues, I've been getting great connection speeds.

Shame they can't provide a consistent service like this to everyone.
    as with anything else, you'll probably find that most people have no issues most of the time and you don't hear a peep out of them.

it's usually only when people have problems that they make noise.

i've had several problems with UPC but for the most part their broadband service itself is great and i'm looking forward to more speed upgrades in January. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Yea, seems you can be lucky or unlucky with any service. UPC has been great for me as long as I've had it, wouldn't change to anything else.

Advertisement