Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom giving me the run-around

• 19-11-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭

I received in the post a couple of months ago an Eircom offer of NGB Broadband and free off-peak phonecalls and line rental for €17 a month (after 6 months goes up to €46).

However when I used the specific code assigned to me to sign up, Eircom have inputted the address incorrectly so that I can't proceed as I can't edit the details - basically they put the full address on 1 line and when I proceed to next page it says I must input data on another line but won't allow me to.

So I have to ring Eircom to take up the offer but when I get through to sales they seek to charge me €29.99 phone booking fee, I explain that I can't order online due to their mistake and can they waive the fee, they can't but put me through to services who state I have to contact the webmaster, webmaster says they don't have this offer, so I'm back to square one.

Is it worth my while paying the €29.99 phone booking fee and then seeking to be refunded? Eircom seem to be hugely incompetent so I'd rather avoid them but it's a very good deal. I can't get UPC broadband where I am otherwise I'd sign up with them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭satchman

Even though you can't get UPC where you are, could you not lie to Eircom on the phone and politely ask them to waive the €30 fee or else you'll be signing up to UPC??

I'm with Eircom myself and think they're a rip off. My contract ends the beginning of march, at which stage i'll be swiftly moving to UPC!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

an online offer means you order online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is it worth my while paying the €29.99 phone booking fee and then seeking to be refunded? Eircom seem to be hugely incompetent so I'd rather avoid them but it's a very good deal.

No, you'll never get money back off eircom. Why not use one of the other DSL providers, all of which charge less then eircom? Magnet, Smart, UTV, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

MajorMax wrote: »
    an online offer means you order online

Thanks for stating the bleeding obvious!

Eircom have made that impossible for me in this instance by incorrectly filling in the details on the page I need to order the service! So their incompetence means I'm not getting the full value of the offer.

Advertisement