Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Borderlands DLC help

• 19-11-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

I went to a friends house last night and I just brought my HDD with me so we could play some borderlands. He has no internet so it was going to be offline, however we got a message saying some of the DLC was corrupted.

We just tried to play the main game but it was real slow. I checked when I got home and I could play the DLC on my console no problems and no speed issue.

Basically, what the...? If I was using MY HDD in both consoles why couldn't we play the DLC? and why was the game slow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

kiddums wrote: »
    I went to a friends house last night and I just brought my HDD with me so we could play some borderlands. He has no internet so it was going to be offline, however we got a message saying some of the DLC was corrupted.

We just tried to play the main game but it was real slow. I checked when I got home and I could play the DLC on my console no problems and no speed issue.

Basically, what the...? If I was using MY HDD in both consoles why couldn't we play the DLC? and why was the game slow?
    I'd assume that the DLC was tied to both the Gamertag and the console, although more strictly than normal. Usually, if you do what you did, it'll work fine on another console once you're signed in on the profile that you bought it on. The problem could be that you needed to be signed into Xbox LIVE...

Not sure why it was slow. Maybe his console was overheating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Healium wrote: »
    I'd assume that the DLC was tied to both the Gamertag and the console, although more strictly than normal. Usually, if you do what you did, it'll work fine on another console once you're signed in on the profile that you bought it on. The problem could be that you needed to be signed into Xbox LIVE...

Not sure why it was slow. Maybe his console was overheating?
    It was my HDD, so it was my profile I was using. So your saying it could be tied to the console itself?

I don't think so, its kept in a cool well ventilated area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

The rights to any DLC you own is tied to the console you download it on also.
    The only way you can use your dlc on another console even when signed into your own profile is when you're signed into Xbox Live. The DRM on the Xbox can be quite annoying but that's just the way it is.

Not sure why you were getting slow downs. Could be any number of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

The rights to any DLC you own is tied to the console you download it on also.
    The only way you can use your dlc on another console even when signed into your own profile is when you're signed into Xbox Live. The DRM on the Xbox can be quite annoying but that's just the way it is.

Not sure why you were getting slow downs. Could be any number of things.
    Thanks. I'll just have to bring my whole console the next time.

Advertisement