Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need a permit to have a street party for the Royal Wedding?

Options
  • 19-11-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

... sorry couldn't resist it .... :D

Off to the bold English corner .. :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

reminds me of my sisters birthday, which one year we held outside, it being july and all. Unfortunately it was also Charles and Di's wedding, which in Richmond Surrey wouldn't be a problem, but in Rathmines? And the house opposite was owned by an INLA fella. And to make matters worse the only birthday candles we could find had 3 colours. Care to guess which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

...what about a street-party for when Thatcher kicks the bucket.....need a permit for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

slickmcvic wrote: »
    ...what about a street-party for when Thatcher kicks the bucket.....need a permit for that?

Yeah that will be a good party...ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

The Royal wedding was last June!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

Should be a national holiday. The celebratory mood might even kickstart the economy,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Am I correct in saying Britain will probably be involved in the bailout of this country?

If this occurs then surely it is incumbent on us to join in the celebrations. Would seem bad manners not to.

By the way, who is getting married!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

My tap shoes have been polished for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

FirstIn wrote: »
    Am I correct in saying Britain will probably be involved in the bailout of this country?

If this occurs then surely it is incumbent on us to join in the celebrations. Would seem bad manners not to.

By the way, who is getting married!

Some German fella and a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 joinerydivision

i'm british although not a royalist and not much interest in the wedding - but i noticed since moving here 3 years ago that greystones is full of us brits so i wont be surprised if there are parties.

and please do include me in any celebrations when thatcher pops her clogs. that woman ruined the north of england (where I am from) and none of us northerners will shed a tear when she goes!

Advertisement