Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED icicle lights

Options
  • 19-11-2010 4:45pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Where's the best place to buy these in D15/Meath area? Looking specifically for 360 LED white icicles. Got some a few years ago in What? in Blanch, but tried there, Atlantic and Homestore yesterday but no joy. Either smaller sets or the crappy non-LED sets.

Any places around with a big selection of such lights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Don't know if its any help to you at all, but Tesco are carrying a large range of LED lights as are Woodies,if any of those stores are in your area...Good luck with the hunt...:)By the way,I Don't know if it's my imagination or just the recession but I think the lights are expensive this year.....As i haven't bought new ones this year./feel free to correct me if I am wrong...:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Got some in Aldi today, they were on special from last Sunday at €25 for 220 LED bulb sets which is very reasonable I thought. Got two sets, wasn't many left though. The existing set I have is a few years old and was €70 for 360 LEDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RobinAnn

I got those Aldi lights too, but I can't figure out how to put them up. Can anyone tell me how? The house is concrete block -- don't see anywhere to hammer in a nail. Thanks . . .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

RobinAnn wrote: »
    I got those Aldi lights too, but I can't figure out how to put them up. Can anyone tell me how? The house is concrete block -- don't see anywhere to hammer in a nail. Thanks . . .

They hook onto the gutters, not sure what the supplied hooks are like (they look a bit crap) but you can get decent gutter hooks in any DIY store or home hardware place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RobinAnn

sigh . . . I was afraid of that. No gutters in the right places. Thanks Paolo . . .

• Advertisement
Advertisement