Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Happy Mondays appreciation thread

Options
  • 19-11-2010 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭

just watching Shaun ryder on im a celeb last night so i whipped out their greatest hits last night and had a listen as its been a while. i ****ing remembered how good this band were back in the day kinky afro, lazyitis and step on ****in masterpieces so i mad this thread to appreciate the mondays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

here here!
    Great band. Loose fit would be my fav!
    Black grapes first album was decent ...saw them suppport blur and supergrass in the rds in 96 and they were class.
    I presume if he is on get me out of here they will be having some sort of mini tour afterwards ....like to see them at the picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Loose Fit is a tune, maybe even a chewn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

he be defo touring after his stint in the jungle im going to ave to go see him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Twistin' my melons maaan! Speak so hip!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

****ing A! This brings me back to when I used to be obsessed with them a good 3 or so years ago, used to always be raving about them on here - didn't listen to them in a while, should do sometime. Kinda of progressed away from that type of music though, still is good though. Bummed was a great album, my favourite of theirs, Pills N' Thrills And Bellyaches is a classic too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

I love the happy mondays and black grape although they can be hit and miss .
    I once put on some black grape at a party and was shouted down , ill never do it again.
    Pills trills and beelyaches is a brilliant name for an album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Hayzooz

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    Pills trills and beelyaches is a brilliant name for an album.
    Yeah, they should have called the album "Pills trills and beelyaches"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

first two LPs were great - Bummed is a true classic and the inner sleeve was HOT.

One of the best live gigs ever was the Mondays supported by The Shamen in McGonagles, Paddy's Day 1989. Great light show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I remember me and my brothers thought the woman in the inner sleeve was a right state and the pic made us giggle, but we were only kids. I liked them but not majorly - such a lads' band! Love Hallelujah and 24 Hour Party People. Christ, that famous TOTP with both them and the Roses was 21 ****ing years ago! :eek: I remember it well - we taped it. A few years ago they played the Olympia and I went to the after-show event in Thomas Read's with two male friends. I was one of about five females there... :pac:

Advertisement