Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What another slow cooker thread?

Options
  • 19-11-2010 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

SO I got a present of one of these contraptions, it's currently sitting doing it's thing with chicken legs, carrots, onion and a packet of chicken casserole mix in it. Yes I know packet mix boo, hiss but we are all dying with a chest infection in the house atm.

But would love to be using it twice a week at least.
    So friends and fellow posters give me your fave slow cooker meals.
    Yes, yes Sparks, I know about the pulled pork and that's all ready on the list.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I use these Jamie Oliver curry paste recipes

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/curry-recipes/easy-homemade-curry-pastes

I bought all the spices in an Asian store. Its an investment - Im already on my second batches of some of the spices.

Basically, I make one of the pastes as per recipe, then I chop up an onion, 2 peppers, some mushrooms and depending on which paste I use I add eithe 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, 2 tins of coconut milk or 1 tin of each.

So for Rogan Josh I use 2 tins of tomatoes
    For Korma, I use 2 tins of coconut milk
    For tika masala, I use one tin of each.

I just put the tins of tomatoes and/or coconut milk, the meat (chicken, lamb or beef pieces) and the veg and the paste into the slow cooker, give it a mix and leave it cook for up to 10 hours.

The results are amazing! No need for seasoning as all the spices are in the homeade pastes.

Delish!!!!!

Advertisement