Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube not working on Vodafone?

• 19-11-2010 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Waiting for s.ytimg.com

whats that all about :rolleyes:

it's youtube btw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

Same problem here!
    Looking for s.ytimg.com, and then all I get is a black screen and funny layout.
    I was thinking it was because I accidentally installed Chrome yesterday on the laptop, but it's not working on the upstairs PC either, and that hadn't even been switched on for two days. I was wondering if it could be a Vodafone issue.
    I've tried all the fixes I could find online for black screens in YouTube, and none of them have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Found the solution...it's an Adobe shockwave problem

download from here http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/ ..works fine now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I have the same problem on Vodafone. Im using a mac with Firefox. What are others using?

Adobe Shockwave makes no difference for me. Youtube just keeps loading. Nothing is coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

It's a problem with the site. I have the same problem on Digiweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

Found this on the YouTube help site: http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/static.py?page=known_issues.cs&ki_topic=16903&issue=185228&bucket=16908&hl=en&action=report

"Some users are reporting that they're unable to opt-out of the HTML5 option (which is currently available in TestTube). We've let our team know about this situation and the engineers are working on a fix so that you'll soon be able to opt out of using HTML5 if you don't want to continue using this option."

So its a site prob Ok. We're seeing YouTube in HTML format - We'll just have to wait for the techies to sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

not working on UTV internet aswell keeps getting stuck on : waiting for s.ytimg.com!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

it's half-working on IE, a bit on safari, not at all on chrome or firefox. about par for youtube to be honest... :D

I had, as I said, tried all the fixes I found. Lost all my bookmarks along the way because I only backed up the other laptop user's profile in Firefox. I even flushed the DNS cache, no joy...
    What worked for me was unplugging the modem for five minutes - instant success as soon as it had booted up again.
    Hope that may help others.
    It's obviously a common problem, whatever the cause is.

dogpile wrote: »
    Found the solution...it's an Adobe shockwave problem

download from here http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/ ..works fine now

That certainly wasn't my problem. I'd tried that - twice. The thing is that different fixes seem to work for different people, making it very hard to troubleshoot. I think you just have to try the various fixes out there till you find the one that does work for you.

YouTube is back working fine this morning - I did nothing!

On Vodafone broadband and using Firefox. Hope the rest of you guys get sorted too.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

I just had a phone call from a mate that couldn't even get to the youtube home page but could ping its IP address OK. Took a while to sort it out but in the end I discovered he had masses of entries for youtube in his hosts file, deleted them and all sorted. Not the problem anyone seems to have here but worth mentioning in case google turns up this page for anyone looking for answers.

Gone back to HTML format again!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pyrosever

Same problem; vodafone broadband, firefox.
    I can get youtube to load via a proxy, which made me think it was a problem with my isp. Now I don't know, but it's a temporary solution at least.

cscook wrote: »
    That certainly wasn't my problem. I'd tried that - twice. The thing is that different fixes seem to work for different people, making it very hard to troubleshoot. I think you just have to try the various fixes out there till you find the one that does work for you.

Worked for me when first done......now it's back to not working :cool:

Hope I don't jinx it by saying it's still working perfectly for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Still down. Its been nearly 4 days now since youtube has been funny. This is a joke. I think we should call vodafone tomorrow. If there are enough of us reporting it then they should listen and do something about it.

Change of IP using foxyproxy gets me onto the main site then switch back to my ip to play vids

strange fix but seems to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

Has anyone tried changing DNS settings to openDNS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Same problem here on UTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

OK deleted everything YT related in temp internet folder and everything is back to normal. Forgot to say using IE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

this might work for some people...

clear out all youtube and google related cookies

log out of youtube
    log back in

if it asks you to link to a google account choose 'remind me later'

this seemed to resolve my problems today :confused:

Back again!:) Did nothing!:confused:

Vodafone/Firefox user

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Am on digiweb and have had no access since friday..it loads up as crappy html with no access to video whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

am on UTV hasn't been working this past few days but today it seems to be fine hope it stays like that :D

Advertisement