Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears of War 2 10x XP Thanksgibbing horde event

• 19-11-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure whether to put this in xbox or games, but since it's not discussing a new game, I said I'd put it in xbox:
    Another bonus XP event is slated for Gears of War 2 and this time GearsViking has also stated that there will be a horde bonus for those seeking the Seriously 2.0 in Gears of War 2 achievement.

It’s a 10X Thanksgiving for Gears of War 2 players! From 12 AM GMT November 19 (7 PM ET November 18) through 9 AM GMT/4 AM ET November 29, Gears of War 2 players will earn a 10X experience bonus in all online multiplayer modes. Once you’re stuffed with turkey and potatoes, go online and rack up the experience.
    If you need to purchase the game to take part in this bonus XP event (or repurchase it like myself), do not forget to pick up the Game of the Year edition which includes a download code for all of the multiplayer DLC maps as well as the DLC bonus chapter.

UPDATE: GearsViking has stated the horde tweaks may be a little bit "grindy"...

http://www.trueachievements.com/n2277/gears-of-war-2-10x-thanksgibbing-event-updated.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah, I'm very interested to see how making the Seriously 2.0 achievement easier works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

rizzla wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm very interested to see how making the Seriously 2.0 achievement easier works.

From what I've read online, easier is all relative....
    most waves are made up of wretches, but they can fire shotgun blasts. So, they likely die easily, but you don't want to get close. Fire breathing bloodmounts on wave 10, 20, etc. as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Too many bonus XP rounds!

It was x31 during Halloween!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Do people here still play this? Last time I logged on it took ages to get a match and then I get stuck with a crap connection to the US against a load of "we raped you" Yanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

silvine wrote: »
    Do people here still play this? Last time I logged on it took ages to get a match and then I get stuck with a crap connection to the US against a load of "we raped you" Yanks.

Not for awhile now, never had much connection problems. Not a chance this is going back in my Xbox though, maybe when there's nothing else to play. Just need the seriously 2.0 achievement and I can totally forget about the game.

The devs have said getting your wings(level 100) in multiplayer will give you something when Gears 3 comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

Thought i'd pick up the All Fronts Collection when it was on sale for 400MS Points, couldn't even get a match and im on an 8mb line :mad:
    Was cool for the deleted scene though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

qbhod wrote: »
    Thought i'd pick up the All Fronts Collection when it was on sale for 400MS Points, couldn't even get a match and im on an 8mb line :mad:
    Was cool for the deleted scene though
    Same. I bought it at 800 points. Can't find a single game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Some here have said that if you change your Xbox location to UK you will find more matches. The last title update seems to have made the matchmaking system look for gamers in your own country only for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

bucks73 wrote: »
    Some here have said that if you change your Xbox location to UK you will find more matches. The last title update seems to have made the matchmaking system look for gamers in your own country only for some reason.
    I thought you couldn't do that though, that it only goes by your internet provider or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

I does take quite some time! Patience x10 is required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I might be temped to dig my game back out...

qbhod wrote: »
    I thought you couldn't do that though, that it only goes by your internet provider or something...

You can't change the location of your XBL account, but I saw the above post, and having had the same issue of only getting bot matches most of the time, I went into My Xbox->System Settings->Console Settings->Language and Locale and set my locale to be the UK, and since then I have been getting much better and quicker match ups, so it does seem to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yep...should have said Locale rather than Location.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Duckytech

Anyone fancy a game of this tonight just for old times sake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Oh this clashes with the Red Dead Redemption double XP weekend...

Last time I tried to get on to Gears of War 2 to play online I couldn't as since the last title update, It can't find any games, my NAT and Broadband aint changed, and all other games work fine.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Oh this clashes with the Red Dead Redemption double XP weekend...

Last time I tried to get on to Gears of War 2 to play online I couldn't as since the last title update, It can't find any games, my NAT and Broadband aint changed, and all other games work fine.

Did you look at the earlier posts regarding console locale? I had that issue of only getting empty/bot populated games most of the time until I changed it.

No Sir! But I will now!

CKWPORT wrote: »
    No Sir! But I will now!

Sorry, realised my last post might have seemed snappy, which it wasn't meant to be! I was only suggesting them because they had helped me :)

I didnt know you could change your locale!!! I won't like switching it to the UK but as long as I can switch back, it's ok I suppose!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

Having the same problem. Ranked matches take ages to find. Social just dumps me in horde on my own. Will try the locale change. thanks :)

• Advertisement

Locale change had no effect for me!

Cannot find a game at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

Just read this on Epic Games forum, might be worth a try:
    'You just go into Gears of War 2 not signed in, go into multiplayer it will show a level 1 Dom as your name then you sign into your profile and it searchs worldwide.'

Advertisement