Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funnel cloud over SW Dublin right now....

Options
  • 19-11-2010 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭

I'm watching a funnel cloud over SW Dublin right now, on my phone so will post more later. Have some pics but it's a bit too dark....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Is it somewhere in vicinity of Parkwest/Red Cow you reckon? It's totally dark now but I might catch a few pictures at high ISO, if I knew where to look at.

EDIT: too late by now, anyway, post the pictures when you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Ah feck, i knew that cloud looked nasty, i had to run down to the bank to avoid the rain, should ve kept an eye on it more!

:(

Su Campu wrote: »
    I'm watching a funnel cloud over SW Dublin right now, on my phone so will post more later. Have some pics but it's a bit too dark....

You could brighten them up on photoshop if u have it,

If u dont i could do it for u...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

See nothing in Lucan :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I observed it from Tallaght, and going by azimuth (around ENE or 070°) and cloudbase I reckon it was somewhere between Tallaght village and the M50 (you can see Tallaght Stadium floodlights in the foreground). When I saw it it was already starting to rope out, and it only lasted around 30 more seconds. With the darkness and heavy rain at the time, I only had a chance to take these two photos with my phone. Of course you can barely see it in the photos, but it was a good bit clearer in reality, and I am certain it was a smooth horizontal rope funnel, although it was difficult to see rotation in the quickly deteriorating visibility.

I don't have photoshop, so if you could try to do something with them Ian it would be great.

135561.png

135563.png

135564.png

Here's the radar for the exact time (1645), not showing much more than a normal rain shower over south Co Dublin. I was just on the western periphery of it.

135565.png

There's a very heavy shower moving NNW into western Waterford/eastern Tipperary right now, so if anyone's out and about keep your eyes open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

FC.png

Maybe someone else could do a better job :P It's all I could do atm Su.

Ah sorry Su, couldnt do any good with them as ther only phone pictures.

I bet it looked way more noticable by eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

don't know if this is much better Su
    135603.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Nah, I'm afraid Photoshop's not much good when I've only got a 2.0MP camera on my phone! I guess you'll just have to take my word on this one!

Advertisement