Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Product Recall, Widescreen Monitor Recall (Electric Shock Risk)

Options
  • 19-11-2010 6:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Lidl have been selling some dodgy product recently

1. All of their "Digital" TV sets that will not support Irish Digital Television standards ...you get radio stations only or analogue. Will never work so return it if you bought within the last 2 years.

2. 24" LCD Computer Monitors on sale at various times since July 2010 and including ones sold last weekend. The electric shock is given out by the latter. This is the official product recall notice with model number.

http://service.targa.de/dokumente/Produktrueckruf_LCD_24-1.pdf
    Quality is of utmost importance to us. We are therefore recalling all units of item 48914 SilverCrest LCD 24-1 Widescreen Monitor. We would like to inform you that the wiring within the cable port inside the monitor may loosen, which has the potential to cause the item to short-circuit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 japp

i bought one of those monitors silvercrest lcd 24-1 in dec.2010 it worked perfectly until yesterday when i got a white screen and nothing else i at first thought my pc had packed up then i hooked it up to an old monitor and my pc was fine iwent on line to see if anybody else had problems with this monitor then i saw the recall notice.i was going to take it back to our local lidl store but then decided to ring up lidl after sales service first the lady i spoke to said she was not aware of this problem and that it was 3 yrs since it was bought and it was probably to long ago to do anything about it.she said you coldnt trust these notices and she would have to find out for herself,after insisting it was genuine and i should take it to the store she said they wouldnt give me money back she would have to discuss it with management and ring me back monday or tuesday

Advertisement