Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buy New or buy new cartridges?

• 19-11-2010 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I can have a HP photosmart C3680 for free. The only problem is the cartridges are all empty. I rang a few refill places and they said they cant refill these particular cartridges. PC world are selling them for between €20-€30 depending on the colour (despite the UK store selling for £8.99-£9.99).

Is it worth spending the 100 odd for new cartridges or is there a cheap black & white thats worth buying? The HP seems to be optimised for colour printing.

I only need it for college notes, the majority of which will be printouts of powerpoint slides at 6 slides per page. Ill be printing out large amounts of paper. I would want the printer to be able to print 6 slides per page with clarity.

OR, could I just buy black cartridges for the HP and leave the colour ones empty?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I would advise against Hp or Lexmark printers. They will supply dirt cheap printers but charge an arm & leg for their ink. This despite a court decision a couple of years ago where Lexmark lost a case against compatible ink manufacturers. They are still trying to circumvent that court decision by making it very difficult to source their re-fillable cartridges. HP have followed suit. I would advise that you should have a look at amazon.co.uk. Search for Epson inkjet printers. Best value at present is the SX 200, 300, 400 & 500 series. Then look for the multipacks available for the Epson printers. Even with the sterling difference, you will do far better with them than any Irish online supplier. Their is particularly good value in the T711,712,713 &714. The multipacks are T715.Bet of luck from someone who has been badly burned by Lexmark's rip-off inkjet cartridge prices.:mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

if they are hp no 21 and 22 look here http://www.inkcycle.co.uk/inkjet_cartridges.php?cPath=275

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Try Ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 fabmorretti

Thanks for the all replies.

The cartridges Im looking for are 364xl's and to be honest, even on ebay they are expensive. Im going to look for an epson with refillable cartridges and then make a decision. Its a pity the hp 364's are so expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

if your going to be printing mainly black just buy the 364xl and get the colours in the standard size and dont use them, because in order to get these printers to work you must have each cartridge in it. you might save a bit this way

• Advertisement
Advertisement