Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What nappies do you find best?

• 19-11-2010 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Just as the title says, what nappies do you find best? Are there any differences between the brands?

What nappies do you use? 35 votes

Pampers Baby Dry
    0% 0 votes
    Pampers Active Fit
    22% 8 votes
    Pampers Economy
    20% 7 votes
    Tesco own brand
    0% 0 votes
    Lidl
    14% 5 votes
    Aldi
    22% 8 votes
    Huggies
    2% 1 vote
    Other (please comment)
    17% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I use both Huggies and Tesco own brand (the green packs for €7.99) they're just as good as each other. I don't see the difference. Ive also used Lidl on the bigger girl and they're great too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Huggies Superdry have never leaked on me. They're often on offer too so I've never bothered trying the LIdl or Aldi brands as I stock up when they have a good offer on. Pampers are a disaster for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We use Pampers Baby Dry. Tried the Active Fits but found we had lots of leaks with them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Pampers active fit, as my babies were big and the pampers baby dry would not fit them snug around the waist.

My lad now is too big for the active fit and is in pampers baby dry 6 at night.

My 2nd lad was 5 weeks premature and i used huggies newborn on the 2nd day he had nappy rash, swapped to pampers and all was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

i use boots super dry (i think thats what they called) and pampers baby dry both grand. Use huggies for a while but didn't fit well around legs so got some leaks. Pampers active fit hadn't got enough padding at pack so when she had runny poo it use to leak at the back.

Never tried aldi or lidl as always get pampers on offer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

huggies natural fit.

didn't like the huggies superdry as they were plasticy and trapped air along with moisture and her bum got very red in them, where the natural fit were all cotton and breathable!

had to switch to pampers baby dry last week due to depleting huggies natural fit stock in all my local stores (tesco's dunnes supervalue)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Boots for small baby nappies,the yellow packs and Sainsburys for bigger girl nappies.
    Aldi nappies are good too.
    Pampers baby dry are the worst that we have tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I voted Pampers baby-dry, but that's just for night-time, we use active fit for the day. We're on 5+ now and have started to notice he leaks a lot more lately. I don't know where they do be going with their size guides. My lad is well below the weight guide on the pack but the nappies barely go round him. He's only 15.5 months but is bigger (taller/heavier) than most 2-year-olds we know. I'm beginning to think we'll run out of sizes soon and we're nowhere near potty training. Are there nappies beyond size 6 that aren't pull-ups?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭janmc

Seems as though there's no consensus. We've been using Pampers Baby-Dry & I wondered if there was any difference between them & the Active Fit... other than that the Active Fit have Sesame St characters on them!

I wonder why the manufacturers don't do a 'night time' nappy with extra absorptance?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Huggies New born with organic cotton until we could fit size 3.. now we are in Huggies Natural Fit size 4.. they are with organic cotton too and are the same as the Newborn once...
    Did not think Pampers were that good.. Was only happy with once they are called Pampers Comfort Care.. they were just the best nappies ever (felt great not papery and even though they were wery thin they lasted for hours and hours without leaks) but you can't get them in Ireland am afraid!:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement