Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what ram for this mobo(Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD

Options
  • 19-11-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3

Hi.

I understand this is a popular mobo..
    My question is to those who use one,What ram did you purchase for it?
    I was going to get this but there out of stock at the mo and i will be placing my order on wednesday so will need another option if they are still out of stock..the cpu will be an i5 760

Cheers
    Dwighet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

dwighet wrote: »
    Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3

Hi.

I was going to get this but there out of stock at the mo and i will be placing my order on wednesday so will need another option if they are still out of stock..the cpu will be an i5 760

Cheers
    Dwighet

Having a quick look, the XMS3 @1600mhz seems to be the best deal

http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=28068&agid=1193

I use a set of these myself in 1333 MHz form, good RAM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3

Hi.

Cheers
    Dwighet
    Any compatible RAM will do. I like modules that run at 1.5v instead of 1.65v. Either 1333MHz CL7 or 1600MHz CL9 are generally the best priced. I wouldn't consider anything else as manufacturers charge a premium for fancy heatsinks and modules rated up to very high speeds. These are good for competitions and benchmarking. For everything else, it's hard to justify paying extra for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Any compatible RAM will do. I like modules that run at 1.5v instead of 1.65v. Either 1333MHz CL7 or 1600MHz CL9 are generally the best priced. I wouldn't consider anything else as manufacturers charge a premium for fancy heatsinks and modules rated up to very high speeds. These are good for competitions and benchmarking. For everything else, it's hard to justify paying extra for them.

Thanks for the replies lads..
    This is the one i`ve chosen..

Cheers
    Dwighet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Thanks for the replies lads..
    This is the one i`ve chosen..

Cheers
    Dwighet
    I`ve just noticed that gigagyte reccomend 1.5v and the corsair ram are rated for 1.65v...
    Is that going to create a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Or you could save yourself €20 and go with http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=38614&agid=1192.

Or this http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=38480&agid=1193.

I use similar G.Skill RAM to the second link above and I run it at 1333 CL7 @1.5 for every day use. Would be a better option if you're looking for lower latencies - not that it'll make any discernible difference!

• Advertisement
Advertisement