Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox to monitor connection

Options
  • 19-11-2010 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

I want to hook my xbox 360 up to my computer monitor. Was in Game today and they wanted 25 euro for an AV to VGA connection, which seemed expensive to me. Is there anywhere to get them cheaper ? They are $9 on dealextreme but would take forever to arrive.

Alternatively - is there any other way to do it. Possibly to convert the lead I already have to VGA or something ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

they used to have them for 14.99 in Virgin Dundrun

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Is it possible to do a hdmi to hdmi for a pc monitor? They are cheaper than tvs as far as I can see and have high resolutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Tusky wrote: »
    I want to hook my xbox 360 up to my computer monitor.

Does your monitor only support VGA? Or does it have a DVI connection? (monitor would have to be pretty old/cheap to not have DVI)

How are you going to handle the audio out from the Xbox? You can't transmit audio over VGA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Does your monitor only support VGA? Or does it have a DVI connection? (monitor would have to be pretty old/cheap to not have DVI)

How are you going to handle the audio out from the Xbox? You can't transmit audio over VGA.

He can get a hdmi to dvi cable, then use his component cable for the audio and hook it up to a set of speakers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

L31mr0d wrote: »

The xbox cable has wires to carry audio as well.

360-vga-cable.jpg

Hm - I thought this was going to be some sort of scaremongering thread about how Microsoft were going to start monitoring what people were saying on xbox live.

And then I realised this wasn't After Hours.

Advertisement