Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Box trade in for PS3

Options
  • 19-11-2010 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi all. Does anyone know where is the best place to trade in an X Box 360 (2gb hardrive), one controller, wireless guitar for guitar hero and 10 games. To trade in for a PS3 Slim with maybe few games? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The best place for the games would be HMV, and the best for the console would be gamestop. If you're looking to trade them together like, try Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Daisy! wrote: »
    Hi all. Does anyone know where is the best place to trade in an X Box 360 (2gb hardrive), one controller, wireless guitar for guitar hero and 10 games. To trade in for a PS3 Slim with maybe few games? Thanks.
    You won't get much for that ;)

Gamestop offer €20 for the console :pac: Try adverts.ie

I wouldn't be surprised if you'd be offered less than €60 for the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Cheers guys, didn't think I'd get much for them alright. Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

What turned yea? Gran Turismo 5?

• Advertisement

I'd buy that off you for €75 if you were desperate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Daisy! wrote: »
    Cheers guys, didn't think I'd get much for them alright. Thanks anyway :)
    I sold my 20GB for €80 on Adverts a few weeks ago. The problem is that Adverts seems to be full of 20GBs at the moment.... I have a feeling that if you were to sell it as a package, people would offer ridiculously low prices. May as well try :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Sisko wrote: »
    What turned yea? Gran Turismo 5?

No, most of my friends have Play Stations and play online together so I was feeling a bit left out :) Kind of always regretted getting an X Box in the first place really when most people I know have the PS and playing online is free on that whereas I have to pay an annual subscription for X Box gaming online.
    cloud493 wrote: »
    I'd buy that off you for €75 if you were desperate?

I'm kind of starting to think I might hold on to it now...I don't know what
    to do. I'll let you know though thanks.

By the way how much would a new PS3 cost me new without a trade in do you know? I haven't really been pricing them in the shops yet. Where would be the best place to get one?

I suppose getting it just for playing online with friends is my main reason for wanting to switch over.

I think like 300 euro would be the minimum if you were after a new slim. Most bundles at the moment include the 320gb for around the 360 - 400 mark. It is good value for money, you get the biggest PS3 yet and the move included.

@ Daisy!

Yeah that's pretty much exactly the reason I've a ps3 , that and I'm a pc gamer too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

ZzzzZZZzzzz sisko :)

You can get used 40GB ps3's on amazon for £150, i dont see the point in going for the huge 320gb consoles unless you actually use the media ****e on it.

I was going to sell my xbox about 5 or 6 months ago and get a second ps3 (For my brothers Bday) but sure they were only offering £30 for the console and 2 controllers.... pointless. I just sold all the games for it, got about £120 (Had a few new releases) and kept the console for exclusives and got a second hand PS3 from game for just over £190 including MW2 and LBP.

Magill wrote: »
    ZzzzZZZzzzz sisko :)

Rofl my very own boards.ie stalker. I love it.

From myself and most of my mates perspectives, if your main gaming platform is still a PC but you wanna grab a console , depending on the reason, the PS3 complements it better. No subscription to play online and most of the games worth playing on 360 end up on PC so its a no brainier.

Personally I couldn't wait for 3 months for the SF4 PC release, I needed to play that badboy on release.

If I wasn't a pc gamer , and neither were my mates, I'm sure most of us would have ended up with 360's. Or both. Like most console gamers.

Advertisement