Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche recommendations

Options
  • 19-11-2010 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am moving from Kerry to Greystones soon and i have been looking at creches for my 3 year old daughter and i have came up with Jackanory in charlsland park can anybody tell me if this is a good place to send her please:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 joinerydivision

hiya

our son ( and most of our friend's children) go to the Park Academy in Eden Gate (the next estate to Charlesland). its pricey but what you get for the money is fantastic. its on a whole other level to the rest of the creches.

Gina (the manager) is an extremely helpful and nice lady, give her a call for an inital chat. look at their website since you are down in kerry and its probably hard to pop in at the moment.

I could give you any amount of parents who woudl tell you how good it is there, our son just adores it and the educational/development stuff they do is great (as well as plain old fun)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Xaime

If you are going to be living in Charlesland I would recommend Charlesland Park Creche. Our son and daughter go there and we are really happy. The staff are fantastic and the Montessori works really well. Besides you will be able to walk to the creche. The crech is owned and run by Rita. She is very nice and flexible. The price is reasonable as creches go around here. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Hi

I am very interested in this info too as I also have a 3 year old, so thanks for posting this op.

Can anyone shed any light on how much these places generally charge for a morning session or per hour etc..? I've also heard a recommendation for a place on Church Road but I can't remember the name..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 avg

hi there, my son is in the treehouse daycare in Kilcoole (just two seconds down the road from Greystones) and I could not be any happier with the place. It's a purpose built only recently opened family run creche and montessori. Before I put him in here I had a look at all the creches in and around greystones and kilcoole area, and i have to say I found this was the one that ticked all the boxes for me. Definitely worth checking out, best to call them, Aine and Gary are the owners and they are so lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tinytott

thank you all 4 answering my question i have done a lot of looking around and i have decided 2 go with Jackanory because it is small and i feel that my child will get extra attention in a smaller creche as to a big one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 xxx88xx

Hi, i sent my daughter to Jackanory and she loved it the staff are amazing when she started there she had speech difficulties which they helped her with everyday. Jason ans Michelle are really nice people who have a great interest in the children and they do their best to give the children the best start in life. i would recommend this creche to anybody i have nothing but praise about jackanory, they provide a very homely atmosphere. because the creche is small the children get more one on one attention which i feel is great and i also feel that it helped my daughter.

I hope this helps.

Advertisement