Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving To Letterkenny,average expenses/month

Options
  • 19-11-2010 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I am planning to move with my wife & 1kid to letterkenney.

Let me know how is the expenses?.

1.what all areas are best place to live in Letterkenny?.Its rent and other utility bills expenses for a two bedroom house?.
    2.Any council taxes?.
    3.Nursery is it need to pay.if yes, how much/day?

4.Other grocery monthly expenses for veg/meat?.
    5.How much normal amount to pay deposit for house?.
    6.How good public transportaion?.
    7.what all are normal taxi charges/km?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Moved to Donegal Forum....

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A couple of older threads here and here which may be helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

mjv wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am planning to move with my wife & 1kid to letterkenney.

Let me know how is the expenses?.

1.what all areas are best place to live in Letterkenny?.Its rent and other utility bills expenses for a two bedroom house?.
    2.Any council taxes?.
    3.Nursery is it need to pay.if yes, how much/day?

4.Other grocery monthly expenses for veg/meat?.
    5.How much normal amount to pay deposit for house?.
    6.How good public transportaion?.
    7.what all are normal taxi charges/km?

looking at the council tax question i'm assumg your moving from the UK or NI. No council tax in ireland, things like bins are paid by a cost per weight or load directly to the company who lifts your bins, tags can usally be got from local stores or again from company. Water rates are on the way in as well.

Best place personally my self in letterkenny is around gortlee, quiet enough area, close enough to town centre, but far enough away at same time. About 15 to 20 min walk from town centre.

Grocerys would be no difference to the rest of the country, theres a dunnes stores, tescoss, and plently of smaller stores such as centra, also very convient to derry for the cross boarder shopping.

House deposit depends on your earnings, house prices are coming down, havn't looked at prices there lately, but would reakon are averaging 20 to 40k cheeper based on the prices 4 years ago since i lived there.

Public transport. Not really, a national hub for CIE busses and a couple of local operaters, mainly services to belfast (private operater) derry/galway and dublin (cie). And a regional hub for the county, served by CIE and private operaters.

Most taxis are on a meter, minimum about €4-5 euro for around the town.

Am sure those living there can fill you in much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

There is a town bus service which seems to get very little usage but its there if you need it, plenty of bus stops all around town

Also, most taxi companies have a standard €5 charge for anywhere within the town

Advertisement