Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivers for USB's / Cardreader

Options
  • 19-11-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

hi,
    I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to upgading my tower however I have a USB connection that got damaged so I decided to replace them with those from a scrap Fujitsu Scalero.
    I also added and fitted a memory card reader to the ASUS motherboard from the donor PC.
    When I booted up the PC it had no recognition of the new devices so I went to look for the drivers needed to install the devices.
    I have found the website of the donor machine however I am unsure which drivers to downlload.
    http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/com/support/downloads.html
    ....I'm guessing its the "VIA Busmaster DRIVER FUER WIN98/98SE/ME/NT/W2K/XP VER.3.01.14 " however I am unsure and was wondering would this driver instal the USB's,card readers or both?
    cheers,
    mcvic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

....tried it didnt work, any ideas!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

They shouldn't even need drivers unless you're using Windows 98! :eek:

Have you plugged both their data cables into the USB port headers on the motherboard correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

Solitaire wrote: »
    They shouldn't even need drivers unless you're using Windows 98! :eek:

Have you plugged both their data cables into the USB port headers on the motherboard correctly?

..good question
    ,that could well be the fault..the IT guy at work suggested the driver solution but I'll reconnect the drives when i get back

Advertisement