Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: North London Derby - Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur [12.45pm SS2]

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I wouldn't imagine so, It's going to be Spurs that are fighting you for 4th spot.

Look at your sig, I'm not calling you an ABU for no reason, you're proving it all on your own.

And will they be fighting United aswell, you would swear Arsenal were 10 points back, one victory for United and all of a sudden the top dogs are here. Arsenal have no intention of fighting for 4th place, we are fighting for 1st and in case you didn't notice we aren't that far away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

peabutler wrote: »
    Arsenal have no intention of fighting for 4th place, we are fighting for 1st and in case you didn't notice we aren't that far away.

fighting for 1st? , ye cant beat w brom and newcastle at home , 2 promoted teams from last season , gimme a break

BERBA wrote: »
    fighting for 1st? , ye cant beat w brom and newcastle at home , 2 promoted teams from last season , gimme a break

Oh I forgot it's not about points overall it's about beating the promoted teams.

Oh I forgot it's not about points overall it's about beating the promoted teams.

i'm listening to the same thing every year for the past 5 years from arsenal fans , yet that trophy cabinet is very dusty.

i'm listening to the same thing every year for the past 5 years from arsenal fans , yet that trophy cabinet is very dusty.

Well considering we haven't lost to West Brom and Newcastle every year for the last 5 that's a lie. We are two points of the top of the table it is that simple, at the end of the season it doesn't matter who you lost to if you come top, 3 points lost at Chelsea is as bad as 3 points lost vs West Brom. Different teams ain't worth more points.

TBH I've seen you try to get a reaction all day out of the Arsenal fans, you were the one Spurs fan who came on to the Arsenal thread after the match and when you failed to get a reaction there you came back here and started fishing for trouble with off the point comments designed to garner a reaction.

Well considering we haven't lost to West Brom and Newcastle every year for the last 5 that's a lie. We are two points of the top of the table it is that simple, at the end of the season it doesn't matter who you lost to if you come top, 3 points lost at Chelsea is as bad as 3 points lost vs West Brom. Different teams ain't worth more points.

TBH I've seen you try to get a reaction all day out of the Arsenal fans, you were the one Spurs fan who came on to the Arsenal thread after the match and when you failed to get a reaction there you came back here and started fishing for trouble with off the point comments designed to garner a reaction.

i'm merely commenting on your point above that yere not fighting for 4th yere fighting for 1st , i dont believe you have got any substance to back that up, the last 5 years tell me that , this is a match thread by the way.

COYS

i'm merely commenting on your point above that yere not fighting for 4th yere fighting for 1st , i dont believe you have got any substance to back that up, the last 5 years tell me that , this is a match thread by the way.

Maybe therein lies your problem, time to look at the current and not the past and the current is that Arsenal F.C are in the race for the PL title, the present is that Arsenal F.C are two points of top spot, that looks like Substance to me.

Maybe therein lies your problem, time to look at the current and not the past and the current is that Arsenal F.C are in the race for the PL title, the present is that Arsenal F.C are two points of top spot, that looks like Substance to me.

I bet after todays defeat your one of the very few arsenal fans that truthfully believe youse can win the league this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I bet after todays defeat your one of the very few arsenal fans that truthfully believe youse can win the league this season

Can you not just enjoy the day for what it is and stop this ridiculous trolling every game. We have a lot of reasons to be pleased with this season but this is just the behaviour that makes it such a tremendous laughing stock when we fail.

Go out, have a pint, and enjoy having gotten 3 points against our closest rivals, there's not much to be embarassed about there. But you're embarrassing yourself with some of the Napoleon syndrome crap you're spouting here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Kold wrote: »
    But you're embarrassing yourself with some of the Napoleon syndrome crap you're spouting here.

Ahh that's not fair, I'm sure Napoleon would have made for a very reasonable boards contributor

We have a lot of reasons to be pleased with this season

Who made you God? no we dont have a lot of reasons to be pleased with this season:confused: lost at home to wigan , away to west ham and draws at home to sunderland and everton. before 2nd half of todays game we have been very average all season outside of our champ league form

we must be following different teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Can you not just enjoy the day for what it is and stop this ridiculous trolling every game. We have a lot of reasons to be pleased with this season but this is just the behaviour that makes it such a tremendous laughing stock when we fail.

Go out, have a pint, and enjoy having gotten 3 points against our closest rivals, there's not much to be embarassed about there. But you're embarrassing yourself with some of the Napoleon syndrome crap you're spouting here.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Just enjoy the result Berba without goading anyone else - god knows we don't get to enjoy results like this very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Who made you God? no we dont have a lot of reasons to be pleased with this season:confused: lost at home to wigan , away to west ham and draws at home to sunderland and everton. before today we have been very average.

Not trying to take away from Spurs win today but i really wasn't that impressed by them.

How big a loss do ya reckon Huddlestone will be to ye?

Who made you God?

What the f*ck does this even mean? I mean, in context, please explain this question.

I suppose the fact that we finally have a squad with some depth (unfortunately we're having to use it. The fact that we're in the CL, and have a good chance of making the knock out stages, there's the win today which brings us to joint 4th and puts some horrible stats to bed. Maybe we are supporting different teams.

Massive, we don't have a similar player in the ranks and a lot of our play revolves around the 'quarterback' style player. If Jenas can play like he has done in the last two games consistenly, we'll do well, though that's unlikely to happen. Even if he does, we don't have anyone else who can pass the ball like him so he'll definitely be missed.

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »
    Not trying to take away from Spurs win today but i really wasn't that impressed by them.

How big a loss do ya reckon Huddlestone will be to ye?

hudd big loss , jenas doent cut the mustard for me , he goes missing quite a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

FAO BERBA; have a good read of that.

You could learn a lot about having a bit of respect and celebrating with decorum like your fellow fan quoted.

Jenas was anonymous first half and when people say he played well, I usually think of it as the way the slow kid got a mediocre score in a test. He doesn't have the presence of Hudd and, for me, lacks any kind of enthusiasm to make me think he could do a job for us.

Jenas was anonymous first half and when people say he played well, I usually think of it as the way the slow kid got a mediocre score in a test. He doesn't have the presence of Hudd and, for me, lacks any kind of enthusiasm to make me think he could do a job for us.

Himself and Lennon have regressed a lot in the last 2 years imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Who made you God? no we dont have a lot of reasons to be pleased with this season:confused: lost at home to wigan , away to west ham and draws at home to sunderland and everton. before 2nd half of todays game we have been very average all season outside of our champ league form

Most teams struggle in their first year in the Champs League! It's a fairly obvious why IMO and id imagine it happens to most clubs! How uv been able to keep in touch with 4th and still show great CL form is surely more than most expected!

• Advertisement

I suppose the fact that we finally have a squad with some depth (unfortunately we're having to use it. The fact that we're in the CL, and have a good chance of making the knock out stages, there's the win today which brings us to joint 4th and puts some horrible stats to bed. Maybe we are supporting different teams.

we were very average again today , like we have been all season , outside of the champo league run , i dont see lots of reasons to be happy with this season as you stated because we have been rubbish in the league , granted we are close to the leading pack but thats only because they are all dropping points.

See I think everyone was anonymous in the first half. I agree about the presence thing though, he'll never contribute as much as Thudd, though I think when he plays well he has plenty to offer.

cson wrote: »
    Himself and Lennon have regressed a lot in the last 2 years imo.

Nah, Lennon hit top form at the start of last season before being sidelined. It's frustrating because when he's fully fit and confident, he's one of the most exciting players in the Premiership. His pace won't go for a couple of years and he just needs more game time to start putting in good balls (which isn't natural to him) and start taking players on (his key strength).

He's been getting the ball, running a little bit and then passing it short to Hutton or Modric too much, it's clear he just hasn't got the confidence at the moment.

Jenas is a player that plays one great game every 10... You know, not particularly useful for a club of our ambitions.

FAO BERBA; have a good read of that.

You could learn a lot about having a bit of respect and celebrating with decorum like your fellow fan quoted.

Match of the Day just starting;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Just for the match thread record, Arsene did shake hands at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Just for the record Arsne said we created nothing
    but we had more shots on and off target and more corners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just for the record Arsne said we created nothing
    but we had more shots on and off target and more corners

Honestly dont know how Spurs won that game, was a bit mad created **** all real chances yet scored 3.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Honestly dont know how Spurs won that game, was a bit mad created **** all real chances yet scored 3.
    Not really the three goals were clinical Arsenal had numerous chances could of been 5 up really on another day

Not really the three goals were clinical Arsenal had numerous chances could of been 5 up really on another day

I'm not trying to slight your win at all but my perception of the 3 goals;

1. 5'7" Defoe wins a header against 6'+ Koscielny and the resultant breaking ball is mopped up well by Bale. Clinical finish from what's essentially a mistake by our Cb. He should not be getting beat in the air by a guy half a foot shorter than him.

2. Absolute idiocy by Fabregas. 9/10 Van Der Vaart would score a penalty so I wouldn't call it clinical as such. More expected. Arsenal mistake.

3. Idiotic challenge by Koscielny leads to a free kick where again Koscielny and RvP fail to deal with the threat of Kaboul between them. Excellent header but poor marking imo. I'll give this one as being primarily the result of a good delivery and header rather than a mistake in marking by our defence.

Spurs took their chances and credit to them. I think the result came about due to ourselves being too casual and thinking we had it won at half time allied to yourselves getting the momentum after the first goal.

I can see how Spurs won it but it's still pretty incredible to me that we shat the pants so badly in the 2nd half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

1. 5'7" Defoe wins a header against 6'+ Koscielny and the resultant breaking ball is mopped up well by Bale. Clinical finish from what's essentially a mistake by our Cb. He should not be getting beat in the air by a guy half a foot shorter than him.

2. Absolute idiocy by Fabregas. 9/10 Van Der Vaart would score a penalty so I wouldn't call it clinical as such. More expected. Arsenal mistake.

3. Idiotic challenge by Koscielny leads to a free kick where again Koscielny and RvP fail to deal with the threat of Kaboul between them. Excellent header but poor marking imo. I'll give this one as being primarily the result of a good delivery and header rather than a mistake in marking by our defence.

Spurs took their chances and credit to them. I think the result came about due to ourselves being too casual and thinking we had it won at half time allied to yourselves getting the momentum after the first goal.

I can see how Spurs won it but it's still pretty incredible to me that we shat the pants so badly in the 2nd half.

You can break down almost every single goal to a mistake from the opposition, spurs were better today, and wanted it more, that is why they won.

• Advertisement

You can break down almost every single goal to a mistake from the opposition, spurs were better today, and wanted it more, that is why they won.

Ah but you see when the mistakes are a major contributing factor [i.e. blatant handball] then they really are material to the result.

Spurs did want it more but I don't agree they were better than us. Tale of two halves if ever there was one tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Actually Defoe won the header against Clichy, not Kos. The problem with that goal was that our two centre backs were nowhere to be seen which is the main problem with our defensive game. Even when 2-0 the two centre backs decide they need to go tearing forward. The team has no inclination to be cautious.

Second goal really was stupid from Fabregas. Absolutley no reason for him to raise both his and Chamakhs arms.

Also I think it was RvP and Cesc marking Kaboul for the third so I don't know why you're being so harsh on Koscielny. Again though I dont know why our CB's weren't marking at least 2 of the three players they had in the box against our 9.

Ah but you see when the mistakes are a major contributing factor [i.e. blatant handball] then they really are material to the result.

Spurs did want it more but I don't agree they were better than us. Tale of two halves if ever there was one tbh.
    That handball, wasn't a mistake, it was cheating.

He was hoping to stop it with his hand and not get caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

VdV had 1 goal and 2 assists, but Bale got motm?

Jesus.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    VdV had 1 goal and 2 assists, but Bale got motm?

Jesus.
    Ya I think we've all agreed Gallas and VDV deserved it more still thats not what matters :cool:

arsene-wenger-angry-o.gif

That handball, wasn't a mistake, it was cheating.

He was hoping to stop it with his hand and not get caught.

A mistake can be defined as

an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge, etc

Sounds like a mistake to me.

an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge, etc

And a cheat can be defined as someone who defrauds, swindles, or deceives. Cesc wasn't suffering from poor reasoning, carelessness, or insufficient knowlege. He knew exactly what he was doing, and was hoping he'd get away with it, as he did once before. Hence he was cheating.

It was stupid really as the free-kick might not have done any damage, especially with the keeper moving into a good position.

But it's neither of those things, he did it on purpose, he even raised Chamakh's hand, and it's not the first time he's done it.

He's almost as bad as John Terry for deliberately handling the ball.

I'll just add that I don't think he's a cheat in general, just in this particular instance. He'd had a brilliant game and it was a shame (for Arsenal) that he did this

• Advertisement
Advertisement