Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Hotel for 1 night stay ?

• 19-11-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi lads, i'm coming down from wicklow to my best friends 18th here in waterford,

Does anyone know of a nice hotel that i could stay in over night ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭crow_eat_crow

The Marina hotel is worth a look

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

If you only want to put your head down somewhere for the night, you could try the travel lodge out the Cork Road which is less than 5 mins in a taxi from city centre, or you could look at the tower hotel, over the last couple of weeks they have had a rate of 30e pps B+B special as far as i Know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The Maryland is nice and in a good central location too

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

The Maryland is nice and in a good central location too

And a quick google search has thrown that one out the window :D

Anyway thank's lads, the tower hotel seems like the best option, But any other ideas would be great !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

how about south kilkenny,s "finest establishment" the ard ri hotel it has a deadly view over waterford city the place is "smoking hot"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

If you're looking for somewhere to get a few hours kip then look no further than the Travelodge or the Ramada hotel. You should get a pretty good price for both and a taxi into town would cost you between 7 and 12 euro I'd say.

If you want to stay right in the city then I'd recommend the Marina Hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

The Ramada was €30 for the night last week so might be worth a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Given that you're coming down for an 18th, I doubt you'll be spending much time in your room. I think every hotel in Waterford would be able to offer you a comfortable and clean room. All that matters is price and location. Get a list of all the local hotels and go to their own websites for the best rates (can't reiterate how important that is).

The Tower would probably be the nearest hotel to the hub of the night life and the safest to walk back to afterwards but all hotels in the city should cost under €6 to get a taxi to afterwards.

Oh, and you're coming all the way down and they wouldn't offer you the sofa at theirs? :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What about the Ard Ri?!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Sully wrote: »
    What about the Ard Ri?!

Oh Sully , your a awful man...:D

Check out ant time you like, but you can never leave....;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement